Main Menu

Prog 2080 -PSI no More

Started by 73north, 05 May, 2018, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73north

I enjoyed this week's Prog , especially STRONTIUM DOG and SINISTER DEXTER , and the FUTURE SHOCK was good as well .
I regret to say , I am very pleased that PSI ANDERSON by Emma Beeby is finished , as I struggled the whole way through the story to really understand it ( and I appear not to be the only one here ) -
overall , an enjoyable read for the latest Prog
- Note to Matt Smith - please commission more STRONTIUM DOG from John Wagner ASAP -
its the highlight of the Prog !!

Colin YNWA

Stonking... well okay I'm glad Anderson is over I've struggled with how dense this one is but maybe I'll try to make time to give it another conserted go. Get the feeling those who have have reaped the benefit.

Elsewhere we're in good shape to say the least. Dredd is such fun and has a nice draft ending that doesn't stand up to any close examination, but is so cute I'm happy to turn a blind eye. The Future Shock is good, took me two goes to get it exactly if I'm honest but man I adore Nick Dyer's.

Two stars of the show both Sinister Dexter and Strontium Dog are just brilliant. Both have supreme art by masters, both pack a lot in , especially Strontium Dog which is an absolute masterclass in how to cramp such a lot in, character, story, excitment and then fresh start for next time, just astonishing. S&D is so playful yet so exciting. I do wonder if the conversation about Billi knowing them will be something to pay attention to... indeed the who premise might offer clues. Regardless a delight.

So yes for all the free comics a day can throw at you Tharg will still give you the best.

Blue Cactus

Stront was a joy this week. Drinking, chat, bounties, loads of weird looking aliens, action, a little sentiment, a little humour. Kenton is growing on me as he is on Johnny. More of this type of Stront please!

Richard

I agree, Strontium Dog was brilliant this week. Hoping next week's finale will be double-length.

wedgeski

Agreed on Stront. It was already a good yarn, but a creative episode like this really elevates the whole story.

Proudhuff

What is Damage Report about then?  :o :o
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

NOOOOO! Dullworld is returning on the next jumpy-on prog, and guess what? the all die! the suspense is killing me. :-X
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 May, 2018, 06:47:07 PM
NOOOOO! Dullworld is returning on the next jumpy-on prog, and guess what? the all die! the suspense is killing me. :-X

...says 'The Walking Dead' reader!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Geoff

In addition to the note to Matt Smith regarding more SD, can we also have Collins and Robinson on a Dredd story please!

Dredd was fun this week as was Sin Dex and a superb episode of SD by the old masters.  Not sure about the future shock but the only real let down was Anderson, but at least that's finished.

Like another contributor, I'm not looking forward to the return of Dead World but many others seem to like it...and we have the all new story to look forward to.

Enough to keep me subbin'

Blue Cactus

I love Deadworld. Can't wait. And we don't know they all die. It's sci fi. Anything could happen! Outwith Dredd and Anderson's fleeting visit, of course, where everyone is dead. Doesn't mean nobody got away beforehand (or came back afterwards).

Also, I presume this planet had a name before it became known as Deadworld. So really, the title 'The Fall of Deadworld' could imply that it's in fact the world created by the Dark Judges that falls. For example, if the planet had been called, say, Scunthorpe, the series should have been called 'The Fall of Scunthorpe' if it was about the ultimate victory of Sidney's regime. But it's not, which could mean a happy ending!

This seems highly unlikely, mind.

Richard

We don't know how long it all took. Dredd and Anderson might be 50 years in their future for all we know.

Trout

That Stront story is superb and it's a neat little Dredd story. I liked the Dyer art (isn't his style evolving?) but was puzzled by the Future Shock story. Part of it might be the conflation of a credit union with a bank. I work for a credit union and it is definitely not a bank. Ah well. Decent prog.

broodblik

A very enjoyable Prog with Strontium Dog my firm favourite.

Anderson i believe would have benefited wit an additional 2 or even 4 more episodes. I will take sometime and read it from beginning to end
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.