Main Menu

Dredd vs. Death Press Release

Started by Wake, 04 September, 2002, 04:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

Someone (H.Barker) found this on GameSpy and posted the link to the Dredd RPG list.

Wake

Link: http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/pressrelease.asp?id=1660" target="_blank">Judge Dredd Background

Art

A Judge should always use the minimal force necessary ? do not use your Lawgiver when a stun shot will do.

Stun shot? STUN SHOT? If a perp rusn from the law you shoot him in the legs. I'm having none of this "Stun shot" malarky...

"The full resources of the Justice Department are behind you at all times. You can query the Central Computer for information, call in forensics or riot squads, ask PSU to follow a suspect or monitor a vid-phone call, or have Weather Control rain upon an illegal demonstration. Judges are not lone law enforcers ? they have the backing of a massive organisation. "

Hmm... I was a little disapointed by the PC Zone article suggests a linear task based FPS, whereas this sounds like something altogether meatier. (Of course that may be a false impression- it might be that one level features a riot and you have to press the "riot squad" button to clear it, and the next features a demonstration and you have to press the "weather control" button. God, I hope not...).

malkymac

I thought that as well. JD always used to say 'Leg shot!' when perps were fleeing (one time he said that and shot the bloke in the head and his mate complained. Jd Replied 'so my aim was off..'.

I think when they brought in the new Lawgiver it gave them a new option with the stun shot though.

Art

roystead

"Stun shot" all sounds a bit "Judge Dredd: Lawman of the Future" (the kiddies' comic) to me.

Roy

JTurner

It sounds like a "let's try to please everybody" thing, but then, that's what happened to the first film. As was agreed in the chat room the other day, Rebellion's AvP was linear but enjoyable, but it only worked because of it's loyalty to the original material.

Nervie

but dredd has used tham a lot since the new gun came in.
the story about the psychic kid, and the "son's of katie did" one both come to mind.