Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Great stuff there, Colin. Kinda tempted myself now!

Link Prime

Beautiful stuff Colin.
As you mentioned above, it's a very significant 2000AD story, and a modern classic IMHO.
I'm a bit of a pretzel when it comes to attaching pics using this eye-straining-slate, so will stick up page 1 as soon as I get the chance...

Colin YNWA

Well in a fit of self indulgence and very good timing I got my latest pieces today, and before you wonder why all these treats are coming my way (and what the good timing is) today is my Birthday - Yah me!

So yeah with thanks to Dale I got a three page sequence I've always really loved from Medivac 316 and a Paul Marshal Tyranny Rex page, which while its black and white broke my resolve (well that and the fact that I know both Leatherjack and Dragonkind are out of reach for the time being) as its bloody lovely and up close quite astonishing.

Ming these are wish lists pages too believe it or not so its working, kinda, that Colin Wilson page is a little off yet...

Link Prime

Happy birthday Colin, and congrats on that sweet haul.

Frank

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 February, 2013, 05:53:09 PM
today is my Birthday - Yah me! So yeah with thanks to Dale I got a three page sequence I've always really loved from Medivac 316 and a Paul Marshal Tyranny Rex page,

We're birthday buddies, Colin. I got a meal at the local Italian, so consider yourself a very lucky birthday boy.

Link Prime

Happy birthday to you too Sauchie.
Some decent garlic bread at least...?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sauchie on 05 February, 2013, 06:05:27 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 February, 2013, 05:53:09 PM
today is my Birthday - Yah me! So yeah with thanks to Dale I got a three page sequence I've always really loved from Medivac 316 and a Paul Marshal Tyranny Rex page,

We're birthday buddies, Colin. I got a meal at the local Italian, so consider yourself a very lucky birthday boy.

Happy birthday sir! I always loved the 5th Feb as a b'day as it was right after people had just been paid at the end of the dark broke post x-mas days of January and people were always well up for a night out.

This morning however I wiped poo from my young sons leg... oh the times they are a changin'....

Frank

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 February, 2013, 06:10:24 PM
Some decent garlic bread at least...?

Bruschetta, mercifully free of infant shite.

Link Prime

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 February, 2013, 05:53:09 PMMing these are wish lists pages too believe it or not so its working, kinda, that Colin Wilson page is a little off yet...

Great to hear, Colin - you obviously know what you like, so having that wish-list in mind will definitely pay off.  Get on to Royd about the Colin Wilson art though; may as well contact him about it sooner rather than later, and I think he'll keep it aside for you for a couple of months if you want.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing what you picked up!

Spikes

I may have a grail page coming soon....  ;)

Dr Feeley Good

Fatboydale

Spikes

Quote from: SteveMillar on 05 February, 2013, 09:22:34 PM
Give us a clue .......

Steven Speilberg ripped the story off and made a smash hit film out of it,  ;)

Its your turn for clues Dale!

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 05 February, 2013, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: SteveMillar on 05 February, 2013, 09:22:34 PM
Give us a clue .......

Steven Speilberg ripped the story off and made a smash hit film out of it,  ;)

Writer AM, artist JB?