Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

No, dont do it! Art collecting only leads to madness!!,  ;)

And lovely stuff, Alex - you certainly have some very nice pieces, and thats a great Anderson page, Paul. Congrats.

Fatboydale

I love Madness ,welcome to the house of fun .....

So go on , who got this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370652145415?nma=true&si=2suZ2pPVk2ijluPQ7GR8i6r93eo%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true#ht_500wt_1203  , sneaky back door robber ....ok i tried for a private deal , but wasn't too happy with the color ???

opaque

Mmm, I was watching that as well.
I put the colour down to a poor photo under strip lighting.

Spikes

A nice page from an ace story, that.
Im usually on the ball with 2000ad art on e-bay, but id totally missed this.

opaque

Well if things are popping off before ending that does explain why I miss stuff!

hippynumber1

I asked her if she'd sold it but no reply so far. I think there's a clue in the listing where it said 'bought as a gift for my EX boyfriend' :-\

Spikes

Hell hath no fury.......

Hide your collectables away, Lads.

hippynumber1

She just replied: 'Sorry, it's sold'  :(

opaque

Tell her 'no it's not, the auctions not finished yet and you're not allowed to remove it to sell it off Ebay once up' ;)

Dr Feeley Good

I bid in that to before it was pulled

J3D1

Yeah watched that one. Think it went between £150 and £200.
I asked for better pics as the discolouration wasn't the same through out and it looked cut and pasted like a bromide.
She didn't seem to bothered to send a pic so pah.

chiefy2shoes

Here's a Shimura A3 commission I'll be picking up from Simon at Thought Bubble in November. He just emailed me the finished article

Slad

Ahem... :-[
Thought I would take a punt on it. Not sure of the condition yet.
She wanted to roll it up and put it in a tube!
Will let you know when it arrives.
"Just eat the frog!"

J3D1

Aye ye've got to be in it to win it!
Good luck lad!

ming

The page number at bottom right probably dates from the time the story was included in the Titan reprints (I think there's the same on a Talbot Nemesis page I have).  Anyway, that Starborn Thing page looks legit to me but it's not that easy to judge from that pic.