Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 28 December, 2009, 05:41:59 PM
My cat is dying, and it's bloody heartbreaking.

Sad news indeed MGB, my thoughts are with you.

On a lighter note, it seems we should all be sitting in a circle and holding hands as we all seem to be big softies at heart.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: House of Usher on 28 December, 2009, 05:47:01 PM
I know, dude; I sympathise very strongly. But I want her locked up, not you. I'm not brave enough to stick to the principle that I'm in the right and she's in the wrong, and I'd have gone for whatever made her look stupidest quickest, whether it be "she's at her her mum's" or "she's dead, okay?" The main thing, of course, is that she should take her damn hands off your kid.

Thanks Ush- and thanks for correcting my ranty-pounding-keyboard-typing-error! Breathe Steev, breathe!  :)

Grimm- that is awful. I have nothing constructive to add, except that I hope it's as painless as possible and he/she doesn't suffer.

Hugs all round, I think.

SBT
SBT

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

mygrimmbrother

Thanks fellas. My girlfriend's had her since she was 5 weeks old and could fit in the palm of her hand. She's now pushing 20 so she's a long-lived old girl, and she's had a bloody good life (lived with us for the past 6), but it's still awful.

wild-seven

SBT - oh my cod! I hope the boys weren't too distressed by it all and I also hope the mad old crone gets locked away, that's unacceptable behaviour in anyone's language

MGB - You have my deepest sympathy, when I lost my cat I wasn't even allowed to see him (he'd been kept by my evil hag of a mother) and I found out through an old neighbour what had happened. Give her lots of love and hugs and that goes for your girlfriend too
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 December, 2009, 05:40:52 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 28 December, 2009, 05:25:31 PM
What a world. Although I'm sure "She's in Holland & Barratt, why don't you mind your own fucking business?" would have done. There are some crazy, busybodying people out there.

Which would have been my response, if she hadn't have grabbed my youngest bodily and dragged him away. She really could not see that she was doing the wrong thing.

And, what if mummy HADN'T been in H&B? What if daddy was just out with his children? What if there wasn't a mummy? Why do I need to have a mummy nearby? No, she's fucking lucky to still be standing.

I know what you're saying Ush, but tehre should be no tolerance whatsoever for people of that mentality.
SBT

the unfortunate thing about thst incident is that it was traumatic for the kids and unfortunateloy they tend to remember things like that for a long time.

The old woman in question sounds like she was mentally unstable and because of that and the way she was behaving she did more harm than good.

I have felt shit all day and i think i pulled a muscle either last night exercising or this morning somewhere around my ribcage and it has been fucking agony all day plus i have felt like i am on the edge of coming down with a virus of some kind with borderline depression as well.I have achieved absolutely nothing and i havent enjoyed any of it.

Tomorrow is my birthday but luckily i celebrated that yesterday so if i feel like death in the morning it wont matter but i hope not as i plan on going out for the day.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

amberkraken

Thanks everyone for their kind words on here.
Things are weird here, she's moved back home (but into the spare room), and has told me there's no chance of us getting back together. We are trying to stay friends, but it's pretty painful (we've been together 8 1/2 years!)
but I'm taking each day as it comes.

p.s. almost wishing I didn't post on here as now I'm getting notifictions about everyone elses shit luck. My heart goes out to everyone too. (I'm much more a cat person, than a dog one) and well done...............(insert name here (sorry I forgot).) you've a stronger will than me, I'd have punched that old bag right in the chops the minute she would've touched your child. I don't have kids, but do occasionally take my niece and nephew to the park (or whatever) it gives me chills now thinking that people might think I'm a perv....what a world!

Roger Godpleton

A similar thing to SBT's happened to me when I was taking my sister to Girl's Brigade and some retards pulled their car over to ask her if she was okay with me around. If I was going to abduct her, I wasn't going to do it on a busy road (which you are now holding up, fartface).
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SuperSurfer

Sorry to hear about the cat being in a bad way, Grim.

SBT – that kind of stuff is so annoying. Stupid busybodies. There was an Esther Rantzen programme a while ago in which they had a kid actor pretending to be abandoned in a shopping centre and virtually no one tried helped the kid as everyone is paranoid of what passers by would think. Sad state of affairs.

Peter Wolf

I dont know what i have picked up or come down with but i wouldnt wish it on anyone.I have got pain that feels a bit like a severe muscle pain all around my lower abdomen and chest on the right side which is restrictive because it makes breathing normally very painful so i am having to shallow breath.Last night i felt like i was nearly suffocating along with shivering and a temperature and a feeling of nausia.I cant liedown because its too painful so i hardly slept.

I just dont know what this is as i have never had anything like it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mygrimmbrother

Hope you feel better soon Peter.

Mike Gloady

Get yourself checked out, Peter.  They usually have a thingy next to A&E where you can get things like that checked out.  I put my continued double-globed-ness down to that place at the BRI. 

TordelBack

Peter, I'm not suggesting it's actually the same thing, but I had something very similar a few months back, as did my Father-in-Law.  It passed in about a week, but we were both very unwell with it - felt like a bizarre cross between a severe stitch, a pulled chest muscle and bad bloaty food poisoning.  Neither of us went to the doctor, but both concluded it was a bug rather than an injury.  

That said, I'd get your arse to a medical type - what you describe sounds more severe than our experiences, and you don't want to mess with lopsided pains in your chest.

And if such a thing were possible, Happy Birthday!

Mike Gloady

Chest pains don't mess around.  Get it seen to quick.  If you can't get seen emergency appointment-style at the GP, take your arse to A&E or the place I can't remember the name of I mentioned above.  You might be there for hours, but a personal stereo and a book will help the time pass and you'll be seen eventually.  Needs sorting quickly. 

As I said, I'd've lost a testicle if I hadn't gotten into that place a few years back.

Jared Katooie

Get it checked out Peter. Worst case scenario you get given some antibiotics or painkillers.

Never leave these things untreated. Worrying about them is almost as bad as the illness itself.