Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moldovangerbil

Any subscribers received 43&44 yet?

Ta

Mattofthespurs

Nope 42 was the last highest I received. And that was yesterday.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 10 April, 2019, 05:20:19 PM
Any subscribers received 43&44 yet?
Nope. Not hugely surprised. Over four weeks since my previous delivery.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 April, 2019, 09:39:20 AM
I think only one book of each, and that won't be enough to collect all of Savage. Most likely we'll just get the three Charlie Adlard series...

So, basically hang onto my copy of Savage:Taking Liberties and The Guvnor.  Oh, and of course Invasion.  Thanks to the generosity of someone here I have Disaster 1990.  It's just I feel that the printed books have been left on a cliff hanger.  Rebellion seem to have a bad habit of this.

Read Strontium Dog all in one sitting, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Durham Red is definitely an interesting character as well.  It's funny, I've moaned about the amount of Slaine books, but if there was that amount in SD, I don't think I would be too bothered.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

moogie101

Is there any chance we've got the amount of Slaine books wrong? I only ask as going by the Wikipedia page up to Book 48 there's only been five volumes.

Meaning with only 32 books left they've got to fit in another 8 Slaine Vols to make up to the revealed 13 books. That's one every four, surely they'd have spaced the books out better earlier in the run if that was the case?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: moogie101 on 12 April, 2019, 12:56:44 AM
Is there any chance we've got the amount of Slaine books wrong? I only ask as going by the Wikipedia page up to Book 48 there's only been five volumes.

Meaning with only 32 books left they've got to fit in another 8 Slaine Vols to make up to the revealed 13 books. That's one every four, surely they'd have spaced the books out better earlier in the run if that was the case?

No chance, I'm afraid (well - only if you don't like Slaine. if you do, then I'm delighted!)

The spacing is a bit weird. I suppose the thinking is that so much Slaine so early might have lead to a few folk dropping out; but anyone who's stuck with the collection well past the halfway mark is probably in it for the long haul come what may.
@jamesfeistdraws

Rara Avis

Quick question - which issues were replaced due to blurry text? I know Nemesis and one other was affected but any others? Thx

athorist

Quote from: Rara Avis on 13 April, 2019, 08:24:04 AM
Quick question - which issues were replaced due to blurry text? I know Nemesis and one other was affected but any others? Thx

I think one of them might have been ABC volume 2, and one of the Nikolai Dante books (vol 2 or 3 maybe)
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Tomwe

Thought I'd just ask the facebook page about the remaining Slaine volumes:

Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection Hey Tom,
At the present moment issues 49, 54, 58, 61, 66, 70, 73 and 79 are Slaine, however this is subject to change as the collection goes on.
Hope this helps!

leethomson

At the present moment issues 49, 54, 58, 61, 66, 70, 73 and 79 are Slaine, however this is subject to change as the collection goes on.
Hope this helps!

I certainly hope that doesn't change. It's one every other delivery. God forbid I should get two Slaines in a row, or even two in the same delivery! Unless "as the collection goes on" is a very veiled reference to an extension.

Tomwe

Quote from: leethomson on 15 April, 2019, 11:44:43 AM
Hope this helps!

I certainly hope that doesn't change. It's one every other delivery. God forbid I should get two Slaines in a row, or even two in the same delivery! Unless "as the collection goes on" is a very veiled reference to an extension.

I hadn't thought to look at is as deliveries, but yes you're right: one every other delivery from July onwards.

athorist

I was updating the wikipedia page, and it already has 66 for Nikolai Dante 6, and 70 for Durham Red, so I asked if they'd been changed.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

sintec

I was just looking at wikipedia and spotted that this only took us to volume 12 and thought - hang on I thought there were supposed to be 13 books and I'm pretty sure we didn't start counting from 0.

Then I remembered The Horned God / Volume 4 debacle - sigh - bloody idiots.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 15 April, 2019, 06:15:22 PM
I was just looking at wikipedia and spotted that this only took us to volume 12 and thought - hang on I thought there were supposed to be 13 books and I'm pretty sure we didn't start counting from 0.

Then I remembered The Horned God / Volume 4 debacle - sigh - bloody idiots.

You can't start a partwork with 'Volume Four' - so i do get that decision. But the simple answer, of course, was give all the Slaine books names - 'Warrior's Dawn', 'Time Killer' etc.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Or just have HG as 4 implicitly and number the next one 5.