Main Menu

Stranger than fiction!

Started by Thread Zero, 27 October, 2001, 05:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

At this moment I am on the floor almost comatose.

Did my ears deceive me or did mrcomicus say he liked it?

Oh well, can't win them all!

scojo who hates future shocks anyway

pauljholden

Does that prove to you that I'm not out to attack all of your posts? As I've said repeatedly, it's your attitude of "I am better than every writer 2000AD has ever employed" (which can only be described as arrogance) that I find irratating. (I think the same can be said of Barny, Milo and, possibly, others).

Then when I offer my honest opinion (WHICH YOU ASKED FOR) in PRIVATE, you start tearing into me, on a public forum, saying I don't understand your story.

You offered your story up for criticism on this board and then you started attacking anyone who didn't call you a genius. (Then you say "well, I didn't really try with those, you can't judge my abilities based on that.")

That's something else that gets peoples backs up.

Well, scojo, I have a mental picture of you now, as some sad, shabby 13 year old (if not physical age, certainly mental age) who's convinced of his own "obvious" superiority. You're only interested in hearing people stroke your ego (probably because that's the only criticism your mum has ever offered). You've such a disjointed view of reality that anything that isn't an outright rejection is percieved as being a glowing endorsment and outright rejected could ONLY mean that the person rejecting you is an idiot. Cus, I mean, YOU couldn't untalented, could you?

Anyway, as you can obviously not take any sort of criticism without crying to your mother, I'll try to never offer any.

It's just a pity that you've never turned your obvious genius to illustration and show up all of those scabby 2000AD artists.

Thread Zero

From the replies here and particularly the alt 2000ad board - I may be a teenager according to you (which I am not in fact) but you lot are in the foetus category.

I pity 2k for having such vile fans.

And you opinions ain't worth s h i t. And I include your favourable ones of my Stooges script.

scojo

Matt

And your opinions ain[backslash]'t worth s h i t....expect as the paying public we'll be the self same people you want to sell your work too. I suggest you learn to take critisicm.

Thread Zero

I can take criticism Matt.

But I for one am glad I will never write for 2k.
Having visited the alt.2000AD board, I have never seen a more childish bunch of rude ignorant people.
And I am being 100% serious.

It would insult my intelligence even to put my pen to paper for them.

scojo

Jim_Campbell

> I can take criticism Matt.

From whom? You appear to consider yourself a better writer than Alan Moore ... who on earth would possibly be sufficiently qualified to pass judgement on your work?

FWIW, I've posted what I think _is_ a constructive criticism of one of your Future Shocks in one of the threads below.

> Having visited the alt.2000AD board, I have never > seen a more childish bunch of rude ignorant
> people.

Ahem. Actually, you came into the newsgroup and behaved exactly like a troll - asserted an unpopular viewpoint and then refused acknowledge any of us who attempted to engage in a reasoned argument with you. And then complained about the quality of debate when you'd made it quite clear both in words and actions that debate was not what you were interested in.

At the same time, a chap called Will Spearing made his first post, giving almost an identical view to yours but in a less trollish way and has been getting on just fine.

If you act like a troll, you're going to get flamed - that's the way it is, bub.

> It would insult my intelligence even to put my pen
> to paper for them.

There you go again with the superiority complex. What it looks like from our side is that you found the a.c.2000ad waters a bit too stormy for you and came back here where it's nice and safe.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Thread Zero

Jim,

Tim Deniz called me a c u n t just because I expressed my opinion about 2k.

I was not rude to anyone there. I promise.

Other people called me other disparaging names. Fine I can live with that.
But I find the c word unacceptable.

If you think I am going to return to a board that insults me like that you are mistaken.

Anyway, I am sure you won't miss me!

Regarding your troll remark - as trolls don't exist, I find it rather hard to behave like one.

scojo

Matt

Scojo, you object to the use of the c word, yet feel it is totally acceptable to use it within the first sentence of your posting. I don't care if you're quoting someone elses words, lets keep it off this message board.

Jim_Campbell

> Tim Deniz called me a c u n t just because I
> expressed my opinion about 2k.

Tim calls everyone a c*nt. Honestly. Try not to take it personally. And, in case you didn't notice, I (along with several other people) said that they thought the more abusive responses to you were out of line.

> I was not rude to anyone there. I promise.

Well, you were bloody rude about Andy, who is a regular poster, after all.

> But I find the c word unacceptable.

Which no-one was aware of. If you'd lurked around the NG for a couple of days or more, you'd have noticed that we're a foul-mouthed bunch of f*ckers over there and spend entire threads abusing each other with inventive obscenities.

Some of us were ruder to you than we should have been, but it's a fairly obscenity-heavy forum, as you'd have realized if you'd made any effort to understand us before wading in with your first post.

FWIW, I _never_ make a first post to _any_ Usenet forum without lurking for at least two weeks and reading the FAQ (although that's not appropriate for the 2000AD group, 'cos we don't have one ...)

> Regarding your troll remark - as trolls don't exist,
> I find it rather hard to behave like one.

Are you trying to be clever, or are you genuinely unaware of the Usenet usage of the word 'troll' ...?

In case it's the latter, in Usenent usage, a 'troll' is someone who basically tries to incite flamewars by off-topic posts (in fora where such things are considered bad form), abusive posts, or most commonly on the groups I frequent, simply stating a view guaranteed to stir up controversy and then further aggravating the situation with every post by refusing to acknowledge any counter point of view, no matter how reasonably it is put to them.

I explained this to you in my previous message, which you have chosen to snip, and play dumb instead. Along with completely ignoring my other points.

Which is precisely the sort of thing I was talking about.

Cheers

Jim

Thread Zero

Scojo, you object to the use of the c word, yet feel it is totally acceptable to use it within the first sentence of your posting. I don't care if you're quoting someone elses words, lets keep it off this message board.

Matt, I was using it to prove my point.

And I wasn't calling anyone it.

sheesh!

scojo with brick marks in his forehead...

Matt

I don't get you Scojo. You seem to contradict yourself with each new posting. You say you object to the use of the c word, yet find it's alright to bandy it about like there's no tommorrow if it's either used to prove a point or isn't directed at anyone. Do you object to the use of the word or not? If you do then don't bother using it. If you don't then why the hell complain about it when someone uses it in a posting to you?

Thread Zero

Which no-one was aware of. If you'd lurked around the NG for a couple of days or more, you'd have noticed that we're a foul-mouthed bunch of f*ckers over there and spend entire threads abusing each other with inventive obscenities.
Jim.

Hardly the types I want to associate myself with.
Inventive is not the word that comes to mind.
Try unoriginal.

I was not rude to Andy there anyway. If by rude you mean liberal use of the swear word I will leave that to you.:0)

Some of us were ruder to you than we should have been, but it's a fairly obscenity-heavy forum, as you'd have realized if you'd made any effort to understand us before wading in with your first post.

That is why I have left the room. I prefer intelligent debate, not the who can swear the most in one posting type.
I am more a bit more intelligent than that.
Not too mention more adult.

> Regarding your troll remark - as trolls don't exist,
> I find it rather hard to behave like one.

Are you trying to be clever, or are you genuinely unaware of the Usenet usage of the word 'troll' ...?
Jim.

I am genuinely unaware of the troll usenet term.
But I do not regard myself as a troll of the imaginary or internet variety.

I explained this to you in my previous message, which you have chosen to snip, and play dumb instead. Along with completely ignoring my other points.

Which is precisely the sort of thing I was talking about.
Jim

What other points?

scojo

Thread Zero

I don't get you Scojo. You seem to contradict yourself with each new posting. You say you object to the use of the c word, yet find it's alright to bandy it about like there's no tommorrow if it's either used to prove a point or isn't directed at anyone. Do you object to the use of the word or not? If you do then don't bother using it. If you don't then why the hell complain about it when someone uses it in a posting to you?

Do I have to explain everything here?
!!!!!!!!
Matt,

I object to people calling me the c word when it is not called for.
As I am sure most people would.

I typed the word in full to show Jim what this Tim character had said to me.
Maybe I was wrong to do so.

In itself the word is just a word. Describes the female genitalia I believe. It is its connotation that I took offense to.

Seems pretty clear to me.

scojo

Jim_Campbell

> I am genuinely unaware of the troll usenet term.
> But I do not regard myself as a troll of the
> imaginary or internet variety.

But you cannot see, given the definitions I provided, why some people might have thought you were?

> What other points?

I asked you who - precisely - you would consider fit to criticize your work? Given that you believe your writing skills so infinitely superior to everyone employed by 2000AD ...

I also directed your attention to a reasonably constructive response to one of your Future Shocks which - like my reasonable and carefully worded responses to your assertions on a.c.2000ad - you have chosen to ignore.

Cheers

Jim

El Spurioso

Jim - I'd leave it feller.  I've managed to compile a template conversation that one might have with this scojo 'person':

SCOJO: (presents a contraversial and guaranteed-to-cause chaos argument in a fashion that leaves very little room for reasonable debate)

RANDOM PERSON: (attempts to field their own, opposing view in response to Scojo.  They lay-out a careful and rational list of points which, they feel, Scojo would find impossible to ignore.  Logic, they assume, has prevailed.)

SCOJO: (Scenario 1:Ignores every item on the list of rationalities and instead takes offence at a single word or grammatical error, or instead, Scenario 2: seizes upon just one item on the list and - rather than disagreeing with it rationally - decides that RANDOM PERSON is clearly wrong, insane and inferior and therefore doesn't deserve an opinion.  In either scenario, all other items on the list - which are generally the most important and salient ones - are completely ignored.)

RANDOM PERSON: (Realises after one or two repeats of this whole sordid process that they're effectively bashing their heads against a brick wall and would probably have done just as well to have ignored the contemptible little troll* in the first place.)

THE END

P.S - I rather suspect that, to illustrate my point, SCOJO will *utterly* ignore everything I've just said other than the fact that I called him a contemptible little troll.
Which he is.

*'Contemptible little troll' and all affiliated scorn connected to obnoxious delusional internet-types is courtesy of Tharggle Enterprises, 2001.  See Nadiia for related items.