Main Menu

BARNEY updated! Props to The Cosh

Started by Wake, 30 March, 2011, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Barney is missing the Indigo Prime episodes from progs 1760-63.

douglaswolk

The Cosh, I can't even tell you how insanely useful BARNEY is. Thank you so much for doing it.

Is there any way I can help provide information from recent U.S. reprints and such?

The Adventurer

Quote from: douglaswolk on 30 May, 2012, 02:48:51 AMIs there any way I can help provide information from recent U.S. reprints and such?
I've been asking this for a while, and haven't got a reply. I'd totally help get the facts straight.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ming

Cam Kennedy just confirmed that the Prog 342 cover was one of his, not done by Jim Baikie.

http://2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=342

Wake

Colin YNWA

Perversely that's a relief. I always thought it was but there was so much debate. I still think it looks like Robin Smith did some work on Dredd's upper body.

Leigh S

Yeah, the hand and Dredd uniform bits, as well as the perps collar scream Robin Smith - given he was putting the covers together at this point, I dont doubt he's tinkered there

ming

As both Dave Gibbons and Mick McMahon have confirmed it, the Angel Gang pin-up from Prog 196 should be credited to them and not Cam Kennedy.  (McMahon pencils, Gibbons inks).

:)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Leigh S on 10 July, 2012, 07:56:01 PM
Yeah, the hand and Dredd uniform bits, as well as the perps collar scream Robin Smith - given he was putting the covers together at this point, I dont doubt he's tinkered there

I'd belatedly second this -- I said as much on a thread here years ago!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 October, 2012, 07:53:48 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 10 July, 2012, 07:56:01 PM
I'd belatedly second this -- I said as much on a thread here years ago!
Cheers
Jim
Robin Smith designed a heck of a lot of classic covers – which the artists tend to be given all the credit for. His influence on 2000AD should not be underestimated.

vark

Don't know if that question has ever been address: in Barney's database for JD CCF #1 the bonus strips are not listed (i.e. The First Dredd and Walter the Wobot strips). Is it because the first print didn't include them? (I own the third print)

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Frank

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Wake

Quote from: vark on 13 April, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Don't know if that question has ever been address: in Barney's database for JD CCF #1 the bonus strips are not listed (i.e. The First Dredd and Walter the Wobot strips). Is it because the first print didn't include them? (I own the third print)

I have the first print so I didn't know about these. Is the ISBN the same?