Main Menu

BARNEY updated! Props to The Cosh

Started by Wake, 30 March, 2011, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vark

Quote from: Wake on 23 April, 2013, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: vark on 13 April, 2013, 08:21:41 PM
Don't know if that question has ever been address: in Barney's database for JD CCF #1 the bonus strips are not listed (i.e. The First Dredd and Walter the Wobot strips). Is it because the first print didn't include them? (I own the third print)

I have the first print so I didn't know about these. Is the ISBN the same?
Yes, it is the same ISBN, 1-904265-79-0 (third printing August 2006)

The Adventurer

I was reading the Downloade Tales vol. 3 reprint and wanted to check its contents in the Barney database and where it fell in the Sin Dex reprint chronology. Only to find out neither Eurocrash or Moneyshots are listed or indexed in the database.

Is there anything I can do to get them on Barney and properly cross indexed?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Wake

Quote from: The Adventurer on 01 June, 2013, 12:14:58 AM
I was reading the Downloade Tales vol. 3 reprint and wanted to check its contents in the Barney database and where it fell in the Sin Dex reprint chronology. Only to find out neither Eurocrash or Moneyshots are listed or indexed in the database.

Is there anything I can do to get them on Barney and properly cross indexed?

While BARNEY is severely lacking on the recent spate of graphic novels, the original stories are there:

Eurocrash 13 episodes (Progs 1127 to 1139) 87 pages
Script: Dan Abnett, Artist: Simon Davis

Money Shots 2 episodes (Progs 1227 to 1228)
Script: Dan Abnett, Artist: Andy Clarke, Colour: Chris Blythe

For both you have to select thrills 51-100

The Adventurer

Right. But I meant the actual contents of the graphic novels of the same names. I was trying to figure out where the second story of Downlode Tales Volume 3 was located in the currently existing reprint chronology.

I managed to figure it out on my own, but I was disappointed to see the database out of date on such older reprint collections.

I've mentioned it before but I'd be willing to contribute Barney content if it was at all possible. Meg reprint floppy covers, missing UK trades, US S&S trades and contents, etc...

ThryllSeekyr

There are some Slaine covers missing. There are two of them I think. The ones just featuring Ukko on the cover.

I, Cosh

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 October, 2013, 06:09:08 PM
There are some Slaine covers missing. There are two of them I think. The ones just featuring Ukko on the cover.
They're listed under Ukko the Dwarf.
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

So, that where they got to.........I made a Slaine cover screen-saver for my computer and it was always incomplete for those two or three Ukko covers.

Thanks.

ming

hippynumber1

Is Barney glitching for everyone else? When I click on the collecting original art link I just get a long list of errors...  :(

Ghost MacRoth

Recently was able to use Barney to note a couple of free gifts I was missing in the earlier issues, but noted that the info ends with 1771.  The Meagazine is more up to date, but ends at 347, with no pic of the free gifts back as far as 302.  If I gathered up the relevant info, how would it be added to the files, by The Cosh, or uploaded in a wickipedia type fashion of which I am currently unaware?
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

The Adventurer

Its been quite a while since Barney's been updated. Which is sad because it's still the best 2000 AD resource on the web. Is there any chance of an expected future update to bring things up to date? I once again offer my services to maintaining the database to whomever is in charge of it.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Adventurer on 03 August, 2015, 07:04:47 PM
Its been quite a while since Barney's been updated. Which is sad because it's still the best 2000 AD resource on the web. Is there any chance of an expected future update to bring things up to date? I once again offer my services to maintaining the database to whomever is in charge of it.
As it happens, a fairly sizable update has been primed for action over the past couple of weeks, but I believe the Gatekeeper has been busy with other things so it awaits his return.

The update cycle seems to have been an unwitting victim of my digital migration. When I have a pile of Progs lying there I tend to reread and catalogue them before sticking them in the box at the end of each set of stories. I find it's easier to let the backlog build up when I can't actually see it.

Should hopefully get a bunch of GNs in along with this year's Progs and Megs and maybe some exciting additional extras.

NB Yes, I did just indirectly refer to myself as the Keymaster. No point arguing unless you're a God.
We never really die.

Lobo Baggins

Hope this is the right place...

With the aid of the 2000 AD Review Page on Face Book, we've identified the currently unknown cover artist of prog 119 as Battlestar Galactica concept artist Dan Goozee.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

JUDGE BURNS

That's great news that Barney is more updated. I've used it quite a lot over the years to check on old stories and the favourite covers I want to see again.

Rio De Fideldo

Any news of when another update is likely to take place?