Main Menu

BARNEY updated! Props to The Cosh

Started by Wake, 30 March, 2011, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vark

Also, in Barney's database prog 2011 the Sláine thrill is not credited,

Emperor

Barney seems to be missing some starscans in the 840, 950 and 970 region as well as some scattered ones (and Liam Sharp's recent ABC Warriors, some of which don't have a placeholder):

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=covers&page=scans

It should be easy enough to correct this, where would one send the images too?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

vark

I wanted to contribute to the database but I wonder where to send cover's scan and publication content and credits (here?) and the minimum/maximum resolution I would have to use for the scans ?

Emperor

Quote from: vark on 13 April, 2012, 09:13:34 AM
I wanted to contribute to the database but I wonder where to send cover's scan and publication content and credits (here?) and the minimum/maximum resolution I would have to use for the scans ?

If no one has contacted you then PM Wake and Cosh - they'll be able to sort it out.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Judge MANSON

Damn... I have given my scanner to an young scholar to help him for his studies...

I have some issues in these regions...

I can not afford to buy a new scan (huge budget cuts in my hobbies... :( )
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

I, Cosh

Barney has just been brought bang up to date. Well, for Progs and Megs at any rate.

Thanks for the corrections. The following have all been updated. Some when they were first mentioned and some in the last five minutes.

Quote from: BPP on 07 August, 2011, 07:32:02 PM
Prog 32-33 has a future shock called 'Excursion' which is 4 pages in total (over 2 progs, 2 pages each) whereas Barney lists it as 8 pages in total.
Quote from: Emperor on 25 August, 2011, 04:34:00 AM
Tony Lee's Meg credits have been given to Tony Luke (Citi-Def and TFtBM):

It was Mike McMahon who drew ABC Warriors story in prog 129, not McCarthy.
Quote from: The Adventurer on 24 November, 2011, 10:26:27 PM
Is this the place where we point out Errors? Prog 1755 is missing a listing for the Bob Byron Twisted Tale that appears within. Just thought I'd point that out.
Quote from: vark on 03 March, 2012, 09:47:39 AMAlso, in Barney's database prog 2011 the Sláine thrill is not credited.
Quote from: vark on 03 March, 2012, 08:59:36 AM
Plus, in Barney's database for Extreme Edition #6, the story Airship (prog #13) is not listed (I have the magazine in my hand and it is in).
We never really die.

a chosen rider

Excellent. :thumbsup:

One other small error I noticed in the character profiles: Roffman is credited as having appeared in The Cal Files, but it was actually in Beyond the Call of Duty (progs 1101-1110) and Scorpion Dance (1125-32) that he made his first appearances.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Emperor

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 April, 2012, 07:14:58 PM
Barney has just been brought bang up to date. Well, for Progs and Megs at any rate.

Thanks for the hard work, it is still the best 2000AD resource online :)

TordelBack

Thanks for you work, The Cosh.  Embarrassing to admit, I probably use Barney at least once a day (on average).

vark

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 April, 2012, 04:18:39 PM
Thanks for you work, The Cosh.  Embarrassing to admit, I probably use Barney at least once a day (on average).
Same here, many, many thanks!

CrazyFoxMachine

I f'in love Barney.

BTW - the links to the covers for the current prog/meg are broken

TordelBack

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 26 April, 2012, 01:43:21 PM
I f'in love Barney.

BTW - the links to the covers for the current prog/meg are broken

The knife slides in even as the compliments flow...  ;)

Max Headroom

If this is the place to point out corrections and omissions, I'd just like to add: In the Judge Dredd Yearbook 1994, the Mean Machine story 'Judgement on Gosham' by Wagner and McMahon is not included. Thank you.

Sector Chief

I'm also a big fan of the site, I noticed the 1993 Judge Dredd Mega-Special entry seems to be missing a load stories (and I'd like to see the reverse cover shown like has been done elsewhere).  :)

Sector Chief

The entry for 2000AD PROG 1566's Time Twister 'Back to the Fuhrer' needs correcting it appears to have come out as some kinda computer code.