Main Menu

SARS means money-Survivors DVD release

Started by satchmo, 18 May, 2003, 04:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

This is from Home Entertainment Weekly, the video trade rag.
A company called DD Video is releasing Survivors "later this year" as they feel it is especially relevant in these troubled times (which it is).This fills me with joy as Survivors is my favourite show ever,and it deserves better than grotty Uk Gold copies. Lets hope the extras are abundant,anyone got Dennis Lills phone number? :)

opaque

That's certainly good news, I have the first series on video but never saw all the UK Gold repeated episodes of the later episodes.
They should have a set of all series together to not fall foul of the problem with the video releases.

paulvonscott

It's a concern for me, Survivors is probably one of the most underrated and least heard of Brit SF classics, and thats despite it being created by Terry Nation, and being pretty dam good.  

Perhaps a mixture of Last Train An enjoyable rip off), 28 Days later (influenced the writer) and potential Pandemic (25-30 years later even more topical) will get it good reviews.

I'll buy the first series and I hope enough people do, beacuse I'll be devastated if they don't release 2 and 3, it'll mean I'll be stuck with the ropey UK Gold copies I paid a small fortune for from an unscrupulous chap in germany.

satchmo

The article from H.E.W. is very vague on whether its just season 1 being released,in fact its an appalling article in general,keeps calling it "Survivor" and says its set in the future(tell that to Abby Grants flares!)
It would be a travesty if they don't release seasons 2 and 3, which have NEVER been available on video in the past.Any more info I get I'll pass along chaps.