Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Rick Dickinson.

Ex-industrial designer for Sinclair Research Ltd who, among other things, designed the look of the classic ZX Spectrum.

HdE

GUTTED to hear about Rick. He was an absolutely awesome designer. I spent every waking hour I could on my Spectrum as a kid.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

von Boom

Mardroid

Ouch. Yes, I grew up with her in the role, and it's her face I see when I think of Lois Lane.

69. She's younger than my Dad. Not meaning to be morbid but it makes one think.

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 15 May, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
Ouch. Yes, I grew up with her in the role, and it's her face I see when I think of Lois Lane.

69. She's younger than my Dad. Not meaning to be morbid but it makes one think.

The same thought occurred to me (about my dad, not yours!)

TordelBack

If I'm being honest I've always thought Kidder's Lois was a pretty dreadful creature, but she was also a wonderful, memorable screen creation, who I can instantly bring to life in my mind's eye all these years later.  As iconic as Reeve's definitive Superman, and now as much missed.  Sad to read of Margot's long struggle.  RIP.

rogue69

the author Tom Wolfe aged 88

I, Cosh

Composer and general noise enthusiast Glenn Branca has ascended.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Loved his THE RIGHT STUFF. (and film too)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

von Boom

Astronaut Alan Bean. Fourth man to walk on the moon. Aged 86. RIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44268960

TordelBack

Gardner Dozois (70), modern SF's greatest (human) editor. One name dominates my bookshelves, taking up one entire bookcase and spreading into the ones either side, and it is his. His countless anthologies have introduced me to many of my favourite writers, and allowed to follow the current work of many others. He seldom steered me wrong. RIP.

von Boom

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 May, 2018, 05:59:29 AM
Gardner Dozois (70), modern SF's greatest (human) editor. One name dominates my bookshelves, taking up one entire bookcase and spreading into the ones either side, and it is his. His countless anthologies have introduced me to many of my favourite writers, and allowed to follow the current work of many others. He seldom steered me wrong. RIP.

A name I've seen over and over again in science fiction magazines and anthologies. I don't think science fiction would have been the same without his guiding hand. RIP.

I, Cosh

Aye. A new Year's Best Science Fiction collection always yields a few gems, even if it takes almost the whole year to get through it.
We never really die.

rogue69

Peter Stringfellow has died after a battle with cancer aged 77.

rogue69

"Sons of Anarchy"' actor Alan O'Neill has died aged 47.