Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echidna

Quote from: robert_ellis on 14 September, 2015, 03:41:26 PM
Great timing to get total war just before their re-appearance in the Meg. Truely tharg is mighty.

The Heavy Mob was well-timed too, right before the Holocaust Squad made an appearance in the Meg (IIRC). I didn't actually get the book but the talk about it (and preview in the preceding Megazine) was useful as a primer (for this Dredd noob, at least).

Apestrife

cant wait to get my hands on doc endgame and total wat! btw, what stories are in the books? really curious which story/stories that ends DoC!

IndigoPrime

Mine just arrived. Total War print job seems largely fine here, bar four pages that have speech balloons with slightly blurry (but still readable) text. As of the contents:

Total War: Terror; Total War; After The Bombs; Visiting Hour; The Searchers; Horror in Emergency Camp 4; three covers; Henry Flint interview.

Day of Chaos: Engame: Eve of Destruction; Tea for Two; Wot I Did...; Chaos Day; The Days After; Wasteland; five covers; 'Living in the ruins' four-page text feature.

Rio De Fideldo

What are Hachete like for returns/replacements. Just collected mine from the post office today. Box was immaculate. Copy inside had dents in cover. Several pages inside creased. Couple of pages torn. Assume therefore all damaged before being posted.

IndigoPrime

I've had several books replaced, for various reasons, mostly severe denting from postage, and in one case a pronounced gouge from books being shipped in the same box as the badge gift. In all cases, I went through Facebook and had a response within a day or two; after that point, a new book was shipped and arrived within a week. In all cases, the replacements have been in excellent condition.

Rio De Fideldo

Silly question. What Facebook page did you write to?

Also did you need to send the damaged book back to them?

IndigoPrime

This one: https://www.facebook.com/judgedreddcollection?ref=br_rs

In my case, they didn't want damaged books returned. They did in one case ask to see a photo of the damage, for their records.

Anzati

Yeah can't fault their response through Facebook; I had confirmation that replacement books were being sent out within 24 hours of messaging them. I sent them pictures of the damage with my initial message, just to make sure that they could see the damage.

They haven't asked for the damaged books to be returned. They did ask for me to return a book the one time that they sent an incorrect one by mistake, but in that case they gave me a freepost address to send it to.

Glad to hear that the print quality issue isn't across the board and that was probably just a further bit of bad luck :)

IndigoPrime

Having read some more Total War, more pages are affected than I thought, but it's hard to tell at what stage of the process things went wrong. Nothing is unreadable anyway, and, oddly, it's only speech balloon text that appears to be affected (and even then not always across an entire page).

abelardsnazz

Day of Chaos - wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

On the subject of print quality, the Story So Far page is impossible to read but I'm not too worried about that.

The concluding piece by Molch-R mentions Trifecta, does anyone know if this will be in a forthcoming volume?

TordelBack

Thrilled to see that Endgame has my favourite image of Dredd this century on the cover. Still amazed how a picture of a guy whose unknown face is obscured by a helmet, a respirator and a shadow, and whose body is covered in armour, weaponry and fascist regalia, can so clearly scream utter despair. That, sprogs and squaxxes, is yer actual Art.

Fungus

Quote from: Tordelback on 16 September, 2015, 06:46:49 PM
Thrilled to see that Endgame has my favourite image of Dredd this century on the cover. Still amazed how a picture of a guy whose unknown face is obscured by a helmet, a respirator and a shadow, and whose body is covered in armour, weaponry and fascist regalia, can so clearly scream utter despair. That, sprogs and squaxxes, is yer actual Art.

Quite. Just missed this in the prog but catching up with DoC in trade, this page had more power than any other I could recall. And not purely due to the added momentum that you get in trade format. I'd place it above that generally accepted 'greatest Dredd panel' - you know the one.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Totally agree.

I forget which one of you lucky bastids have the original art for this page. Spikes I think?

shaolin_monkey

I agree re the actual art, but I think it's a major spoiler for anyone coming to it for the first time.  That page in the story had so much impact when first printed because it is so unexpected - seeing it on the cover beforehand is a kind of heads-up that shit is going to get too difficult for Dredd to deal with.