Main Menu

Salute 06

Started by Marbles, 20 April, 2006, 08:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Anyone else going to Salute 06 at the Excel Centre nr Canning Town in London this Saturday ?

It's Europe's biggest metal miniatures/wargaming event.

A good chance to pick up all your 'Gangs Of Mega City One' mini's!

Link: http://www.salute.co.uk/salute2006/basic.htm" target="_blank">Salute 06

Remember - dry hair is for squids

johnnystress

suggested attirehttp://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/unbranded/f/unbranded-full-length-leather-trench-coat.jpg">

Banners

I like the "Win ?500, Click Here" game on that page. Easiest money I ever earned. But where do I claim?

M@

GordonR

I bet these 'South London Warlords' aren't nearly as hard as they sound.  The Vampire Street Team could probably take them in a fight, no problems.

LARF

Marbles

I won't have any sniggering at goths & toy soldiers from anyone who's taken the Games Workshop shilling..
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Banners

The Vampire Street Team could probably take them in a fight, no problems.

They'd have to roll some dice first.

M@

LARF

PRESS RELEASE:

"Information Release for Salute Zero Six ? April 22 2006 at ExCel, London
The greatest one day gaming event in the UK!
Come and experience the traditional hobby of gaming with toy soldiers at Salute Zero Six. Salute is a family show held in central London and is the biggest event of its kind held anywhere in Europe. It shows off the hobby of playing games with toy soldiers, recreating famous battles with beautifully crafted armies in miniature. Experience the fun of this rewarding hobby in all its many guises at a show that features games to play, things to buy and historical societies in uniform. The theme for this year is King Arthur!
? The show is nearly 35 years old, and this will be Salute?s first year at ExCel London
? The show has spent the last six years at Olympia 2 in London but has moved to Excel for superior facilities and more space.
? Wargaming ? the recreation of battles with toy soldiers ? can trace its roots back hundreds of years, but the current wave of interest began in the early 1960?s.
? Games are played on beautiful hand made terrain using stunning hand painted miniature armies, which are usually manufactured from a metal alloy or plastic.
? Many model manufacturers will be present. This year Salute features over 140 traders, historical book retailers and accessory suppliers.
? Salute Zero Six has over 90 displays for the audience to play in or watch, including games and historical re-enactment societies in colourful costumes.
? Salute is run by a Wargaming Club called the South London Warlords, which has around 90 members.
? Salute has been in existence since the early 1970?s, as has the organising club, and currently attracts up to 5500 gamers.
? Salute?s audience encompasses a wide range of people of all ages although some of the games and displays are not suitable for very young children, and we encourage all young people to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
? The wargames on show hail from all over the UK and beyond and an emphasis is placed on participation for the public, although spaces on games aimed at complete novices may well be limited as the majority of the public who visit Salute are already gamers.
? Admission to the show costs ?8 and advance entry tickets may be purchased from the website.
? For those wishing an introduction into the long established hobby of historical and fantasy/science fiction gaming, you will find no better starting point that Salute Zero Six.
?This year?s Salute will be bigger and better than ever: let the fun begin!?
John Treadaway
Club President
? For further information visit our web site on www.salute.co.uk"

Note the historical societies in costume and the fact that the theme is King Arthur - I suspect somewhere there will be a bearded Guinevere drinking a pint of old peculiar?

Devons Daddy

so how old are young people and when do people who still play with toy soliders get to be responisble adults?

all sounds like a bunch of sad losers getting together to me.

but on a another matter.that comics convention is looking good isnt it. wish i could be there.
hundreds of well educated mature minds,sharing there interest in a genre thats what comic conventions are all about.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

Shit. We've been doing it ALL wrong.

Max Kon

yawa eb ll'i sa won etal oot, siht tuoba togrof i ,spo