Main Menu

Bristol Expo 2006 debriefing!

Started by House of Usher, 15 May, 2006, 03:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Right: I'm back; so I'm going to hi-jack the agenda and start the thread that says: right, come on then: tell us all about it. What was there, what was good, what happened, stories, pictures etc. Watch me wreck the mic... word!
STRIKE !!!

The Amstor Computer

Well, as I didn't go, I'd love some info:

-- Any new trades announced for the rest of 2006? Any plans for collections of stuff like Stront, Ace Trucking etc. in the near future?

-- Any info on upcoming series in 2000AD or the prog?

-- Any idea of when Origins will begin?

-- Sales for Rogue Trooper? Any further 2000AD-verse games in the pipeline?

-- Which boarder made the biggest fool of themselves? ;-)

House of Usher

Here's a selection of small press covers to start. That's what I ended up with after Saturday; there were a few more by the end of Sunday afternoon. I might go over to a separate Bristol Expo 2006 pictures thread if I find I've got a million pictures once I've sorted out my album.">
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Bugger. So easy to forget how to do this twiddly electronic caper when it was November last time you had a go.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/HouseofUsher1/ExpoandInquisition055.jpg">
STRIKE !!!

Leigh S

OK, I can tell you about a lovely trade coming up -  Case Files style Nemesis! collecting the whole thing into 3 chunky books.

Kind of hope they go back and do the same for Stront tbh...

The Amstor Computer

Thanks for the info, Watcher, even if it is a bit disappointing (I really had hoped they'd go for a five book series on better stock).

Wils

I really had hoped they'd go for a five book series on better stock

But wouldn't that cause problems when you come to wipe your arse on Book 10? It'd be like going back to junior school and having to use Izal. ;)

Wake

Izal makes great wadding for muskets! It doesn't disintegate when wet, and scours the barrel as the gun fires. I can't see why anyone else would want to buy it though.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.hoghtons.co.uk/" target="_blank">Hoghtons

http://www.hoghtons.co.uk/images/03%20WSM/wsm0302.jpg">

The Amstor Computer

scours the barrel as the gun fires

As I'm sure other boarders could attest, "barrel scouring" is but one of the side-effects of using Izal...

;-)

Grant Goggans

I can certainly see the logic in a 3-volume Complete Nemesis, and doing it that way instead of the mooted five books saves us from having to buy a "Book One" which would most likely just be a reprint of "Death to All Aliens" in favor of something with a larger page count.

What other trades?  Do we have a schedule beyond August (Bec & Kawl + Rogue Trooper: Realpolitik)?

Dudley

Is that Eyebrows on the cover of Solar Wind?

Bolt-01

Duds: The revere EE is till a ways off. According to Thargs minion, there is a hell of a lot of film to scan before it becomes a reality.

In other, dimly remembered news:
The lead in to Origins, called the connection has art by Kev Walker and starts in 1500, then Origins proper runs till feb. Not a typo, FEBRUARY!

D'Isreali had some copies of WoTW with him, but they were all gone by lunchtime Saturday. I asked I an Edginton about more and he's going to have to get some from Dark horse, as they're both out.

Apparently there isn't going to be a Dreddcon this year either, but that was rumour.

Bolt-01- back at work, not enough sleep, just about to look through my goody bag.

LARF

"Is that Eyebrows on the cover of Solar Wind?"

Nah, not ugly enough.

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Hipster: Yeah, they anounced quite a bit after September (all of Tsar Wars in one book for starters, Portrait O A Mutant is back on and X-Tinct and Leviathan are coming out sooner or later this year. They're currently outlining the 07 line up too.

Bolt-01

In other news, I can announce that DogBreath is not closing. More news as I'm told it...

Bolt-01