Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

Quote from: Grugz on 27 August, 2014, 11:51:56 PM
star wars battlefront original ...awesome...just trying to get my mitts on the sequel.

which I have now!!! :D
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Goaty

I realise I got shit load of old PC games and some PS3 games, so where better to take it to, GAME or CeX?

Theblazeuk

Probably best to use those PC games as frisbees or fuel.

I, Cosh

Been without a proper console or such for the best part of a year now so I've fired up Resident Evil on the Gamecube. The passage of time's has strange effects. It got to a point, on the PS1, that I could stick this game on if there was nothing on telly and finish it in two and a half hours. I think it took me four goes to get to a point where I could save my game! Progressing a bit faster now but it's still taking a bit of readjustment to get used to running past guys and the effort it takes to put down just one zombie.

Had initially started RE4, which I've never played at all, but it wasn't happy with my square telly and there seemed to be no option to switch it away from a widescreen layout.
We never really die.

Zenith 666

Resident evil 4 on GameCube was designed for CRT tv's so its native display is 4:3 ratio.on a widescreen of hd tv it's going to stretch and zoom in on the image probably with horrible black borders.Fantastic game borrow an old tv and get stuck in.i envy you your first play through.wii version is the definitive version if you want to play on a hd tv.

Theblazeuk

Crysis 2; enjoy playing as a superhuman, would be more fun if they'd really embraced it and given you more power and harder bad guys. Also like the fairly free form approaches through the linear landscape. Yet to really click though as currently I feel like the world's clumsiest supersoldier, able to soak up huge amounts of damage and turn invisible at the drop of a hat but constantly falling just short of the rooftop I want to jump over or hitting people with normal strength rather than flinging them off a building. Still early days yet.

Goaty

After clean out old PC games, I found very old PC game, Homeworld, I re-play it again and it work on my laptop, I so love this game! beautiful graphic space battles in 3D!!!

Zenith 666

Love to play homeworld or eve but I think I'd lose my job and my family in the process.

CheechFU

Quote from: Goaty on 30 August, 2014, 11:32:27 PM
After clean out old PC games, I found very old PC game, Homeworld, I re-play it again and it work on my laptop, I so love this game! beautiful graphic space battles in 3D!!!
Gearbox is releasing a remastered edition of homeworld 1 and 2 later this year and there is a kind of sequel in the works called ship breakers

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Goaty on 30 August, 2014, 11:32:27 PM

I brought the whole series (Both Games) last year. Ordered via Ebay, and the second game is much better. It's worth getting.

Yet, I seen that the it's been remastered.

So, is Sins of the Solar Empire

BTW I started on Star - Citizen last night after it finally finished downloading and right now I don't want to say too much about it except at first despite all the hype. I wasn't too impressed. Especially after playing the PVP (Not really, it never loaded properly!) and Practice versions on Arena - Commander.

I played a different PVP mission a hour or two later and was a little more impressed as I was able to shoot down two other players down and I think were the winners. Yet, it's not nearly as good as Elite Dangerous because it feels like it's on rails while your locked inside a very small contained universe where your transported from your own personal hangar to the battle via a very boring loading screen that takes longer than I think it should. Yeah, I know it's still not finished, but I've been thinking of spending about $5000 USD on of the more expensive game packages about this time last year.  Which I think is ridiculous now. After playing just over $300 USD for what I got earlier this week.

Aside being able to walk around inside the hangar (Yet, it really feels gimped!), and some impressive laser and smoke effects while flying through a asteroid field. (The Mouse-Control steering is over sensitive and very wobbley.)

This game needs to lose it's virginity before it can mature to become the game that it should.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 31 August, 2014, 03:19:25 AM
So, is Sins of the Solar Empire

No, this isn't being remastered, but they keep making sequels.

I think you can buy most of them on Steam

Sins of the Solar Empire - Trinity

Sins  of the Solar Empire - Rebellion

I think that is the lot of them.

shaolin_monkey

Diablo 3 on PS4 for me.  I wasn't too impressed at first, particularly with getting PSN to connect with Battle.net, and the first few levels felt lacklustre. However, it is strangely hypnotic and more-ish once you get into the swing of it.

Theblazeuk

Picked up State of Decay whilst it was £3. Fun enough to begin with, wish it was a bit less Dead Risingy? Only played 30 minutes this morning before work though. Just the guns seemed a little pointless compared to the power of my 2X4.

shaolin_monkey

So I've finally gotten used to PS4 controllers on FPS.  I found I was swinging my sights around wildly due to the difference between the PS and Xbox controller.  The PS thumbsticks are on a longer stalk. 

Reducing the controller sensitivity by 5% on Battlefield 4 last night saw my scores shoot right up.  I was even top of the leaderboard at the end of one game.  Which was nice.

Keef Monkey

I find I have a lot of problems with the placement of the sticks on the dual shock, my thumbs just really don't like sitting at that weird side-on angle. I find the Xbox controller has them sitting right where my thumbs want to rest and at an angle that I'm not slipping off them or having to get a new purchase on them every few seconds (might just be my problem, but ergonomically I don't find them very pleasant)!