Main Menu

Baked potato coming through!

Started by christophe, 08 November, 2001, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Hey how about this.

Dredd tackles a new bad guy.

The baddie wears the latest in armour suited body gear!

It is a bin over his head!

He name is "Bin Laden all rubbish!"

Sorry about that one.

scojo
see it was been laid in all rubbish and...oh nevermind...

mark xiii

Mark,

Weren't you working on a Future Shock submission witten by Nick Fortune?

Yup.

The point being, of course, that if your friend thought potato funeral pyres ws an insensitive reminder of the foot and mouth outbreak (a viewpoint which you seem to share)

Did I say, or seem to say, that I shared that POV? 'Cos I dont.

how do you think he would have reacted to a comedy Future Shock about cows?

He laughed.

Mark.

GordonR

Ah, I see.  Comedy cows are okay, but baked potatoes are an insensitive reminder of foot and mouth.  

Yes, it's all so clear now...

Your 'can you see where this is going yet?' comment certainly - at least to me - seemed to suggest you shared something of his viewpoint, since I guarantee you that me, and, I suspect, everyone else here, had aboslutely no idea where you were going with your post.

And, if you didn't share his point, why bring it up?  Certainly, everyone else who responded to the post seemed to think it was a fairly far-fetched and ridiculous analogy.

Thread Zero

Mark is sensitive to cows.

I mean he did marry one!

Joke!!!!!

scojo who loves Mark's wife

W. R. Logan

At 05:22 08/11/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I recently introduced a friend of mine to 2000ad. He inherited a farm from his late father a few years ago and has struggled for most of this year following foot & mouth. Can you see where I[backslash]'m going with this?
>I got an e-mail yesterday from this friend who asked the following:
>>they dont seem to be very sensitive do they?
>I take it he was referring to the last page of this weeks Dredd - Piles of burning carcasses.
>>Whats next? Someone flying a spaceship into a building?
>I dont think he[backslash]'s going to read 2000ad any more.

I know what you mean; last week most of the country were putting figures on a fire and positively enjoying the experience. Those insensitive bastards have made me cancel my subscription to Guy Fawkes monthly and you have no idea how appalled I was when at some of these events they were putting animal flesh over hot coals and barbecuing them, I nearly cancelled my subscription to meat eaters monthly when I saw that happening.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

mark xiii

Looks like someone has the wrong end of that stick.

In MY FRIENDS OPINION this weeks Dredd was tasteless.

In MY OWN OPINION it was just another one-off 'Filler Dredd' like any other. The only offensive part of that story was the computer colouring.

As far as the cow story is concerned, I will personally apologise to anyone that finds 50ft bovines insensitive.

Mark

pauljholden

"As far as the cow story is concerned, I will personally apologise to anyone that finds 50ft bovines insensitive. "

I have a friend who is a *30ft* bovine. Can you see where I'm going with this?

I got an e-mail yesterday from this friend who asked the following:

>they dont seem to be very sensitive do they?

I take it he was referring the height of *50-ft*

>Whats next? Someone burning a pile of potatoes?

I don't think he'll be reading this weeks dredd!
--------

So, if I understand you, he thought a story that was a about Mad Cow disease and it's cause was funny, but he was offended because a pile of potatoes being burned reminded him a little of foot and mouth?

hmm...

mark xiii

>I have a friend who is a *30ft* bovine

Blimey! What strange friends you have. Did he/she enjoy the potato story?

>So, if I understand you, he thought a story that was a about Mad Cow disease and it's cause was funny, but he was offended because a pile of potatoes being burned reminded him a little of foot and mouth?

Yes, You do understand me.

Obviously it reminded him *a lot* of foot and mouth. Maybe because he saw his entire flock being carted off to be burned, but I might be wrong.

Some people do read too much into these throw-away comic book stories tho...

Mark.

Thread Zero

I hope I have roast potatoes for dinner tonight.

I am so hungry I could eat a cow.

scojo who is mad cow free

mark xiii

I hope I have roast potatoes for dinner tonight.

I am so hungry I could eat a cow.

Hey, come over to mine tonight, we're having deep fried potatoes wrapped in the first 5 pages of this weeks 2000ad.

Might have roast lamb too if my friend has any spare.

No cows tho... Unless we invite Mr Comicus' large friend.

Mark.