Main Menu

2002 Top Tens

Started by McNulty, 20 December, 2001, 03:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McNulty

First of all...This is labelled SPOILER, so if you have not read 2002, turn away now...
Secondly, my views on the prog. I thought it was great! There was a nicely varied mix of the new (two great stories, can't wait for the next episodes) and something for the old readers like myself (V.C.s, Robusters, Bad Company) while still having the mainstays (Dredd, Dante, Sinister/Dexter) represented. All in all, an impressive effort by all concerned.
Now for my main part of the message. It seems that Tharg's droids have been reading our recent discussions in this forum. Many of the top tens have been the subject of discussion amongst us for a while now. All in all, I like the choices that have been made in these. I would like to know what the rest of you think. Any glaring ommissions? Any "whatt were they thinkings"?

Thread Zero

Sure are McNulty!

How come Owen Krysler the Judge Child, didn't make the top ten vilest villian list?

Bad one there Rebellion!

The most heart breaking moment list forgets Wulf's death! Yet they have it as best death scene! Odd that.

Coolest moment list omits the revelation that the Dead Man was Dredd!
That was a great moment in 2k's history!

Anderson is way sexier than Durham Red.

And Judge Death is the definition of evil. He should be at number one|!

If I am beginning to sound like some sad 2000AD fan forgive me...

scojo off for a walk with my cat

Matt

You are way wrong on this one Scojo! Judge Death believes that all crime is committed by the living therefore all life is a crime. He follows this twisted code religiously. No one escapes his perverted type of justice. He doesn't execute it with prejudice. He doesn't find some more guilty than others and some not guilty at all. He doesn't act on biggoted views or racial sterotypes. He doesn't act on intolerance or racial hatred. In a warped short of way he is fair. He considers all people equally. Torquemada on the other hand...

MATT

Thread Zero

But what you fail to see is Death kills everyone!

How can someone who views all life as wrong be 'fair'?

Torquemada believes in life for some. Death doesn't. Therefore, Death is far more evil.

Absolute genocide is far worse than selective genocide.

Argue with that!

scojo

Thread Zero

Lsten Matt, if you met Death and Torquemada, who would kill you?

Judge Death.

I think I have proven my point.

scojo

Matt

Scojo, it's 8.45am what are you doing on the site at this time? talk about devoted. Anyway, Death is no where near as big a bastard as Torquemada. He's pretty close but just not quite near enough. At least with Death your demise is quick. C'mon he's a busy alien superfiend, so many to judge. But Torquemada enjoys the pain and suffering of your death. He'd kill you twice over if he could. He'd roast you over an open fire for a month before making you eat your own entrails. He'd execute your family and friends in front of you for a laugh before sticking a red hot poker up your arse. Death isn't a sadistic bastard and he certainly doesn't have a kinky streak for torture.

MATT

Thread Zero

Death isn't a sadistic bastard?

I'm not sure about that.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

But if I had a choice, I'd rather meet Torquey in dark alley than Judge Death!

scojo the dedicated to the board but never addicted

O Lucky Stevie!

my heart swells with pride to know that somebody knows the correct spellling of "arse"!

(that comment re:"...anderson's fat ass..." posted earlierr on this board had me wondering, 'she's riding a donkey? hmmm, must be some sort of a post-helter skelter budgetary cutback.')

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

McNulty

Well, I did ask for your opinions. In the Death/Torquemada discussion, there isn't much to make them different: both are undead (for the most part) both believe fanatically in the rightness of their causes. If it comes down to quantity, I'd have to side with Torquemada. Judge Death may have judged his own worldd, and a good part of Dredd's city, but Torquemada led a campaign again all alien life in the galaxy. Many worlds were cleansed under his brutal crusade. For this reason, I have to side wih Brother Matt.