Main Menu

2002 - Dont waste your money

Started by mark xiii, 20 December, 2001, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark xiii

I gotta say i'm not impressed.

Awful Henry Flint art on Shakara.

Frazer Irving's Storming heaven artwork is good but he should put his crayons away and stick to what he does best - B&W. As for the story itself... *yawn* not another Rennie drug based mess, perrleeease!

Sin/Dex - Great art, shame about the story (again).

Dredd (1) - Uninspired story, but hey - GREG STAPLES IS BACK!

Dredd (2) - *yawn*

Memento - The only real saving grace in these 100 pages. Very good - But not worth ?3.95.

Two pages of letters (why?!)and two competitions for stuff thats been out for ages anyway. What is it with 'Top Ten' lists? Huh? Let ME decide on what I liked / disliked, dont fill a dozen pages with shit.

Lets hope Nikolai is good when I read it and it doesnt spoil Tsar Wars...

Mark XIII - Who will not be renewing his subscription.

nathan

Hi Mark, shame you didn't like it, but I have to reply because I disagree with almost everything you've written! ;-)

"Awful Henry Flint art on Shakara."
Fantastic Henry Flint art on Shakara!

"Frazer Irving's Storming heaven artwork is good but he should put his crayons away and stick to what he does best - B&W. As for the story itself... *yawn* not another Rennie drug based mess, perrleeease!"
Frazer Irving's extraordinary colouring is the best 2000AD has seen for ages. As for the story, a beauty- can't wait for next episode. Drugs makes an interesting change from guns.

"Sin/Dex - Great art, shame about the story (again)."
Hated the art. Thought the story was OK.

"Dredd (1) - Uninspired story, but hey - GREG STAPLES IS BACK!"
Alright. I'll give you that one.

"Dredd (2) - *yawn*"
Loved this. By far the better Dredd of the two.

"Memento - The only real saving grace in these 100 pages. Very good - But not  worth ?3.95."
Dull dull dull. A 12-page shaggy dog story in which a person we don't care about walks through a series of cliched future dystopian scenes to deliver a completely underwhelming finale. wow.

Just goes to show, you can't please all of the people all of the team, one man's meat is another man's poison and any other cliches you might like to add!

N

GordonR

>"Memento - The only real saving grace in these >100 pages. Very good - But not worth ?3.95."

>Dull dull dull. A 12-page shaggy dog story in >which a person we don't care about walks through >a series of cliched future dystopian scenes to >deliver a completely underwhelming finale. wow.

Have to agree with you 100% there, nathan.  The only thing which matt seemed to like was, to me, by far the worst thing in the prog.

The only other noticeably poor thing in the prog was the Bad Company story, although its place in the running order probably doesn't do it any favours.  Sandwiched as it was between Storming Heaven and Nicolai Dante, it just looked plain embarassing on the artwork front.

These young 21st century whippersnapper artdroids just dance a doc marten polka all over this old worn-out reanimated 1980s corpse, I'm afraid.

Mind you, if they'd put it between Storming Heaven and Shakara then Brett Ewins would have *really* been in trouble...

Oh, how the mighty fall.

nathan

Greg Staples has improved over the years, but Brett Ewins and Jim McCarthy have come up with something a 14yr old Bad Company fan might have sent into the Nerve Centre.

N

Trough

Thought Bad Company was OK, but it does feel like it's run its natural course.  I hope they don't do a Rogue Trooper on it.

As for the rest of Prog 2002, I thought it was generally very good.  Liked Storming Heaven, thought the Rennie Dredd was (whisper it) better than the Wagner one.

Loved Shakara, although I thought the artwork was obscure at times; had to re-read it to understand that his ship came to his aid.  Er - that IS what happened, isn't it?

Hmm - a mysterious alien who goes round saying just one word and seems to have a living ship... Has Mr Morrison been reading the early Nemesis stories again...?

Trough, satisfied but suspicious

spaceman

Got a bunch of rejected samples back then, Mark?

Stings, don't it.

mark xiii

"Got a bunch of rejected samples back then, Mark?"

Errr... No. Just didn't like it.

"Stings, don't it."

I wouldn't know - Perhaps you should try some cream of some sort?