Main Menu

prog 2002, storming heaven - this will drive scojo nuts!

Started by Dominic O'Rourke, 31 December, 2001, 03:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominic O'Rourke

well mate, dont all those nods to Helter skelter scare ya! I think SH will be the introduction of a new character to MC1, by means of said Helter Skelter, that will kill the old joe and leave clone boyu in his place!
Member No. 10

Thread Zero

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Too much HS is bad for you. Official Government Health Warning!

By the way D, have ya just read SH?

You r a slow reader!:O)

Happy New Year one and all!
Death Monkey we love you.
Matt we love you.
And everyone else!

scojo

Dominic O'Rourke

my girlfriend bought me a subscription to 2kad and the meg this year, my subscription starts with the 2002prog, so as it's a christmas present it has to sit under the tree until christmas morning, I read it then, but a bottle of port, a merlot and some cheep tesco's champagne, caused a slight memory lapse, and I re-read the thing last night.

as for SH itself, you know me, a big super hero fan, I loved every minute of it, reminded me a little of Hellblazers love street, or Shade the changing man, rather than Zenith as others have said, without seeing whats to come of SH, I would so love it to be a ongoing thing, love to see Brendan McCarthys take on the art, or Brian Bollands take on some covers, actually keeping the B's how about a Bisley acid trip - I think he'd be just fine, moving away from people with a B in their name, how about Colin Mcneil.

Don't get me wrong, Fraisers work is appreciated, altough with this as the third example of his work I've seen, I can't help but ask myself but shouldn't art styles suit the story, rather than finding a story to suit the art.

I'm going to leave that in, I think what I'm really trying to say is that already Fraisers style is begining to grate a little, oh go on then, I'll give him time to mature.
Member No. 10

Thread Zero

Well it's his style. He is stuck with it!

Silly moo he is.

scojo

slaine1

You all suck.

I'm in Australia.

I finished Helter Skelter about 5 weeks ago.

I hate my life.

Prog 2002 isn't out yet.

Prog 1255 was the last one released here.

Bugger it.  I'm going to have to move to the UK so I can get my fix when it comes out each week.

Oh woe is me, to give up beaches for snow......

Me.

Jayzus B. Christ

Funny you should mention Shade the Changing Man - I thought exactly the same thing when I read it. If anyone hasnt read early issues of Shade; this is what happens: A mental acid-casualty hippy takes over San Francisco and turns it into a mad psychedelic multi-coloured series of communes for more hippies with names like 'Flowerchild'; and seperates the city from the American government. Sounds suspiciously familiar. Warm Mama Milk Commune; that was my favourite. I used to read American comics then, me, but usually only if they were written by ex-2000ad writers.

Dominic O'Rourke

Member No. 10

O Lucky Stevie!

that's indubitably because both milligan & rennie (& grant morrison also, particularly with flex mentallo) are all familiar with the original ken kensey source material.

grant morrison's bible john (from crisis) also touches on charles manson & the beatles 'helter skelter' connection.

cheers,

steven lenfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

paulvonscott

It's difficult to say what will happen with Storming Heaven as the first episode was an introductory one that explained the background but didn't really give us any interesting story.  I also felt as though I'd started reading something that had already started before I'd turned up. As if this was the intro to the second series recapping what had gone before.

I thought it did seem like Zenith, it looks as though it would make a good Zenith series set in the 60's with Zenith's parents and all of Cloud 9.  That would be an interesting series, I think you'll have to wait to see how good this one is, it certainly isn't obvious to me yet.

Any link with Ennis'(It is more than past time for him to keep his appointment with the Wicker Man) woeful Dredd 'Helter Skelter' strip seems highly unlikely even in a drug induced fantasy.

I too read a lot of Brit guy's who went to America for a while, before basically giving up in the early nineties.