Main Menu

prog 1266- the art

Started by christophe, 31 October, 2001, 03:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christophe

Dear 2000AD message board,

I hope it is OK to make critique for my first text. I want to speak about the art in this prog. Future Shock, Sinister Dexter, Killer and Anderson are all bad.

I like to see black and white art because it is bold and powerful, like Dave Gibbons or Frazer Irving, but Ian Richardson and Johnson/Roach make it so flat! It sometimes is difficult to see the story in the images and is not exciting. There is no depth, the forgeound is light and background figures are silhouette. Crazy. Future Shock page 3 is like a tapestrie, a flat very occupied pattern.

Sinister Dexter, in the text Dexter says the car is red but the car is blue. The wrong car is red! The scene in the alley is difficult to see the story, you have to stop reading the text to understand the images. Anderson, her body is lumpy. Why does she have a fat ass? There is no movement, it is like a photo-roman (strip with photographs instead of art).

But Judge Dredd is very good, beautiful painting like America. Stories are good in Dredd, Anderson and Future Shock, also.

amiti?s,

Christophe.

Thread Zero

Anderson has a fat ass?

Well she is a woman!

scojo the sexist

Dominic O'Rourke

yeah, killer and future shock this week were very poorly done, Killer in particular, as for anderson though - how could you mock the great talent that is arthur ranson!!!
okay, this story was so anticipated by me that I was a little disapointed at first, and I do think Ranson may have rushed this a little, not quite as much detail in the background as usuall, but grants plot is zooming along, cant wait to see what Cass decides
Member No. 10