Main Menu

Best series you've stuck with until the end?

Started by Art, 10 March, 2005, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

I'm curious too:  can you extrapolate?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

Well, the most noticible one was Genesis, which after being the Most Important Thing Ever at the start of the story took a vback seat more and more until the end, where it either got a casual mention or was forgotten about entirely.

Quirkafleeg

Genesis is the main one but there's other major plot set ups along the way that are left hanging or forgotten about...

and SPOILER WARNING

He has his cake and eats it by having a character making a personal sacrifice then brings him back from the dead

SamuelAWilkinson

Y'see, I figured that when [spoiler] was [spoliered] by [spolier], [spoiler] [spoilered] as well. Except that, of course, [spolier] [spoliered] [spolier], because of the agreement that [spoiler] made with him.

See now? It's as clear as day, people.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

robbycox

Another vote for Preacher, and while it may have caused controversy in the Megazine when they took the decision to run the story,it was actually having it reprinted in the Meg that got me reading it in the first place! Strange but true!
Rob.

Steamboy

You're not the only one Robbie, prior to Preacher running in the Meg I thought all Marvel and DC comics were pap and the only decent comics around were tooth and Meg boy did I cange my opinion after Preacher, its also the only Comic aside from Lazarus Churchyard that my non comic reading friends read(I give him the ocasional Tooth but he doesn't have the patience to wait weekly).
Liked the end run on Xman as well and stayed with that to the bitter end.

CU Krestel

therev

Preacher.
Hellbrazer up to issue 100.

Satanist

When I stopped reading comics Milligans Enigma was about half way through but I stuck with it till the end. That was a top read, anyone else remember it?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Art

ENIGMA was excellent.

I miss the old Milligan. Why can't we have the old Milligan back?

wrighty47

Preacher
Hitman
The Spectre
Sandman
Starman

Heh.. nearly all british writers too!  ;)

Alan!

Jared Katooie

"Gah! How could I forget Hitman! That was greast from start to finish. Why the hell was it never collected properly?"

Apparently because there was no demand for it.

No demand? For a Garth bloody Ennis series? My arse.

I missed the start of Hitman but I would've stuck with it to the end if they kept releasing the fecking books.

The only comic I really stuck with to the end was Toxic crusader so it has to be the best one.