Main Menu

CrowdFunding.

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 29 January, 2013, 05:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

I have heard of this system called crowdfunding which seems to be well established as a way of raising money for various projects/ charities.

I am concidering preposing this as a method of raising funds for my Drama group.

Dose anyone out there have any exsperience with this? Do you think it would be suitable?

JTurner

I've only experience of things like Kickstarter where generally people want to see something in return for their money (and sometimes get a bit shirty if what they've funded doesn't appear). You'd need to be able to offer something some kind of benefit to people locally to inspire them to donate, but in return you'd have to give them back something that costs you very little but is percieved as having value.

Disclaimer : I'm replying here not because I've huge amounts of fundraising experience but because I hate to see a post go unanswered for too long :)

The Doctor Alt 8

:D

Thanks for that.
I have a few Ideas.... but the main problem seems to be the committee themselves.!!!

(If they can get sidtracked debating on wether to have a bloody jumble sale...)
:lol:

I must pick your brains..... ;)

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Doctor Alt 8

Thanks I think my biggiest problem is going to be convincing others that this could be a vialble means of raising funds.

Hell I suggested a jumbe sale and apparently it broke down into bickering...