Main Menu

LAWLESS: A Celebration Of British Comics 2019

Started by Andy Lambert, 20 January, 2019, 02:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Mr Mechanismo himself, Colin MacNeil has been announced!

Trooper McFad

The initial line up was great and and enough to get me to make the trip down from Edinburgh. They keep throwing in more and more driods with more to come 🤞🏻they say. I'm really looking forward to this. The wife says I'm acting like a wee boy looking forward to 🎅🏻. 😄😄😄
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Mardroid

Looking forward to it too! Hotel booked already... Should probably book transport too now for a good deal...

Dandontdare

Me too - Just had a text alert from The Trainline yesterday that advance tickets are now available

Mardroid

Andy Lambert

Chris Weston has just been announced as a guest - that's one hell of a line up!

Steve Green

Event has now sold out!

Also no tickets on the door.

Trooper McFad

Fantastic - 👍🏻 well done to all the organisers I can't imagine all the work that goes into organising these events.
Looking forward to the weekend & trip down.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 27 January, 2019, 02:33:04 PM
Booked! Not the first comic convention I've been to, but the others were relatively local.

Technically it's not the first 2000ad specific one I've been to either as I did go to the 2000ad anniversary event a couple of years back, but I didn't see much of the main event itself.

Technically the upcoming con isn't 2000AD specific any more - though it will be interesting to see how many people cosplay as non-Tooth characters (I know of one so far).

Dandontdare

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 March, 2019, 08:57:30 AM
Event has now sold out!

Also no tickets on the door.

EEK - I booked train and hotel, but thinking on it now, I don't think I secured my ticket!!! Any suggestions of who I might contact (non facebook) to wheedle my way in greatly appreciated.

matty_ae

PM you

Dandontdare

Dandontdare

flip-r mk2

Finished, two recreations of the  opening double page spread from The Apocalypse War. A2 bristol board, fineliners, brush pen, sharpie, brush and ink and white Gellyroll pen. One is off to Enniskillen Comic Fest and the other to Lawless.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

shaolin_monkey

Hi folks - I have some exciting news about the Lawless Model Raffle!

As well as Carlos and the Gronk, I am also in receipt of a most beautiful fan-made item from a creator who wishes to remain anonymous.

Behold - the Carlos-style SOV HELMET AND BADGE!

This will be included in the Lawless Model Raffle!!

These are only available for raffle on the day of Lawless. Tickets will be £3 each or £10 for four.

Rules:
- If you are the first to be drawn you get to choose either the Sov helmet/badge set, or the Carlos/Gronk set. 
- You can only win once. If your name is pulled again it will be discarded.

Remember, this is for Save the Children - please dig deep everyone, and good luck!

PS - the display stand where I'll be selling the tickets should be somewhere near front desk.