Main Menu

Is Dredd intelligent?

Started by Pete Wells, 15 July, 2020, 06:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Dredd's ability to pull out a relevant quip at the end of each case is the real marker of a sharp mind if you ask me.

Professor Bear

He never seems to know when people need a hug, so how intelligent can he be?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 16 July, 2020, 06:25:40 PM
He never seems to know when people need a hug, so how intelligent can he be?

"How come... how come you ain't got the feels, Judge Dredd?"

"I got 'em. I just ain't hugging."
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Pete Wells

Ho ho ho! Thanks folks, my faith in humanity is restored!

JayzusB.Christ

'Ryan's book-smart. I'm street-smart. And book-smart.' - Michael Scott
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Dredd is clearly very intelligent. His investigative abilities are excellent. That aside Dredd proves his intelligence by living and applying the Law of Big Meg on a daily basis. A stupid person would fall foul of MC-1's Judges very rapidly.

Many people think crime should be excused because of mitigating circumstances whereas Dredd applies the law without discrimination or bias. This is where casual readers think Dredd is stupid. They feel Dredd should make allowances for the Jean Valjeans of the world.

Dandontdare

I want to hear this podcast now, just so I can get irrationally angry about something that doesn't really matter.

Links Pete?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 July, 2020, 03:54:07 AM
Links Pete?

I think Pete insists its seven.

Ha! See what I did there.

Pete Wells

Ho ho ho! Colin, ye little scamp!

The podcast in question was the official 2000 AD one. The one with Ian Dunt, who I have a lots of time for, discussing Rob Williams' Dredds.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: Pete Wells on 18 July, 2020, 10:23:14 PM
Ho ho ho! Colin, ye little scamp!

The podcast in question was the official 2000 AD one. The one with Ian Dunt, who I have a lots of time for, discussing Rob Williams' Dredds.

this one, I expect.