Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

Spikes

von Boom

Nice. NASA will probably want them back so Bezos won't be able to put them on his mantle at home.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

That's us on the left:

A picture of Earth taken from the Cassini space craft, out around Saturn
You may quote me on that.

Sideshow Bob

Wow...
That's just a great picture......Mr Pops...

Just shows how truly insignificant we really are in the 'grand scheme of things'......
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

shaolin_monkey

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

O Lucky Stevie!

Looks like those jocks have been thieving bastards for 10,000 years.

Mesolithic lunar calendar found in Aberdeenshire.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Frank

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 28 July, 2013, 07:09:06 AM
Looks like those jocks have been thieving bastards for 10,000 years.

"For pre-historic hunter-gatherer communities, knowing what food resources were available at different times of the year was crucial to survival. These communities relied on hunting migrating animals and the consequences of missing these events were potential starvation. They needed to carefully note the seasons to be prepared for when that food resource passed through, so from this perspective, our interpretation of this site as a seasonal calendar makes sense"

And, of course, migrating wildlife provided potential mating opportunities for Mesolithic Aberdonians in the days before the domestication of livestock.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 28 July, 2013, 07:09:06 AM

What an incredible find and an even more amazing device. This ancient Calender re writes the History books.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla