Main Menu

European Comics

Started by JamesC, 17 April, 2012, 12:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

I don't like them.

After much effort on my part I find I just can't get into them - I think it has something to do with the translations. The only exceptions I've found are Asterix, which I've read since childhood, and Requiem which I like for the pure bonkersness and lovely artwork (and it still just sounds like Mills despite being translated from French).

Anyway, as a result I have some European stuff knocking around that'll never get read again.
I have:

Corto Maltese - Ballad of the Salt Sea.

The Incal (recent hardback edition).

Alderbaraan Vol 1.

Does anybody want these? The first 2 you can have for half of whatever they're going for on Amazon plus postage (they're in perfect nick) and if anyone wants Alderbaraan they can have it free and just pay postage as it has loose pages.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to swap something, I like Grant Morrisson, Batman, Jonah Hex and any Xbox games that involve lots of button mashing or going fast (I quite like the look of Castlevania lords of Shadow).

PM me if you're interested.

JamesC

The Incal has gone to another forum member but if anyone wants Corto Maltese or the Alderbaran book just let me know.

Colin YNWA

And a big thank you for that. I can certainly recommend Alderbaran its fantastic.

maryanddavid

QuoteI think it has something to do with the translations

Im with you on that. I did enjoy the Incal, the art was lovely, but there was something stilted about the speech, lost in translation, origin for the Krool heart too?