Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Quote from: o1s1n on 09 May, 2013, 09:46:51 PM
(If there's anything I've learned from my Hicklenton pages is that tipex is okay!)

Not just okay, but compulsory!

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 May, 2013, 10:29:12 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 02 May, 2013, 09:17:43 PM
I will say this though...it's one of the most expensive pages I've ever bought, and it's something that you lot probably haven't seen before.

To be continued...

Interesting. Very interesting.

That's a familiar looking ship...

chiefy2shoes

Got this Simon Coleby page at the London Comic Mart last month. I'm more of a convention sketch guy and this is my first original art page. I fear I'm on a slippery slope now.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 May, 2013, 02:13:07 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 May, 2013, 10:29:12 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 02 May, 2013, 09:17:43 PM
I will say this though...it's one of the most expensive pages I've ever bought, and it's something that you lot probably haven't seen before.

To be continued...

Interesting. Very interesting.

That's a familiar looking ship...

If this is another Hicklenton Nemesis page I've missed out on...  >:(

Colin YNWA

Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 10 May, 2013, 02:27:11 PM
Got this Simon Coleby page at the London Comic Mart last month. I'm more of a convention sketch guy and this is my first original art page. I fear I'm on a slippery slope now.

Love me a nice city-scape and that one is a beaut!

Link Prime

"I am the Nemesis, I am the Warlock, the Shape Of Things To Come, the Lord of the Flies, Holder Of The Sword Sinister... The Death-Bringer... I am the one who waits on the edge of your dreams..."

hippynumber1

Link Prime

"I am all these things and many more..."

This my dear Ladies & Gentlemen is my current crown jewel....Clint Langleys 'Try out' piece for the Nemesis gig way back in the early 90's. I'm a huge Nemesis fan, and I absolutely adore it.
To my knowledge it hasn't seen the light of day before (unless Dale has posted it previously).

A very big thank you to Dale who I know was very reluctant to let it go. Fortunately for him, a weak Euro means he's probably having a bath in £100 pound notes as I type.

hippynumber1

Phew...  :D

Lovely piece though Link!

Greg M.

Great piece, Link, and indeed rather Hicklenton-y in its organic nature (though Langley seems to prefer a more snub-beaked take on the Warlock.) Here's another Bad Company piece from me, which features one of my absolute favourite moments from the original series - "What about Thrax? What's his problem?" If I'd been given the free option of owning any page from BC1, this would have made my top 5 easily.

Sideshow Bob

Well, Mr Prime,
What can I say other than.....Wow !!! :o
An absolutely 'cracking' piece...Well done...

And Greg M.....another fabulous piece to add to your Bad Company collection !
Great stuff !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

o1s1n

This is the thread that just keeps on giving!  :o

Link Prime

Cheers me ol muckers.

Greg- a superb Bad Company page, and one that seriously struck a chord with me as a kid...that 'casual murder' scene- brilliant.

Chiefy2shoes- that's a brilliant Coleby page. I absolutely love his stuff on the new IDW Year One series. If you have the contact details for the art dealer you purchased that page from I'd appreciate a PM.

And a general / unusual request for you all; I'm looking to purchase a Jim McCarthy 'Bix Barton' page (hey- I liked it!) but literally cannot find any of his stuff anywhere online. Any pointers would be very welcome.

hippynumber1

A 'Bix Barton' page would be lovely!

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 May, 2013, 03:59:43 PM
"I am all these things and many more..."

This my dear Ladies & Gentlemen is my current crown jewel....Clint Langleys 'Try out' piece for the Nemesis gig way back in the early 90's. I'm a huge Nemesis fan, and I absolutely adore it.
To my knowledge it hasn't seen the light of day before (unless Dale has posted it previously).

A very big thank you to Dale who I know was very reluctant to let it go. Fortunately for him, a weak Euro means he's probably having a bath in £100 pound notes as I type.

Very nice that Link, so this has never popped up anywhere else before?
Its always nice to got hold of the original art, but nicer still, to get something a bit unusual.
Good stuff!