Main Menu

Rolf on art.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 03 October, 2003, 04:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

With the shock cancelation of 'Animal Hospital' Rolf Harris is going to have a lot more time on his hands for his other series 'Rolf on art' (as opposed to 'Rolf on Art' which is too terrible a thought to entertain for long).

So Rolf is going to run out of suitable subjects. To help him out I thought we could nominate a 2k artist for Rolf to learn about and immitate.

Should he do D'israeli? Mimic McMahon? Copy Charlie the Squirrel? Immitate Ian Gibson? Steal the style of Siku? Plagiarise Patrick Goddard? Rip off Ron Smith? Follow Frank Quitley? Counterfeit Cam Kennedy? Echo Eric Bradbury? Simulate Shaky 2000?

If enough of us write in the Beeb are sure to devote an episode (or even two) to Rolf's take on the droid of our choice. What do you think?

ukdane

On Sky News this am, they reported (from the Daily Telegraph) that a poll indicated 1 in 14 people thought Rolf Harris painted Monet's Waterlillies. Which indirectly he did, once, but he wasn't the original artist.

And as you mention Shakey Kane, did you know he had a piece of fan art published in 2000ad (IIRC Prog 124 or there abouts) how he went from that, to getting published (although both are as bad as each other IMO- his style never really developed) is beyond me!

Do I use too many ()?
Cheers

-Daney

Quirkafleeg

Well as far as I'm concerned Rolf is a fucking god... The first record I ever own was by the Aussie painting/singing/electronic music device investing genius. I'm glad he's back painting after years in the wilderness presenting cartoons and poorly-woorly cute anials. Hopefully he can do some more of theose big "Sploing! Sploing!... Can you tell what it is yet?" jobs before he goes up to the great studio in the sky.

I saw him sighing books in Smiths once... pity it was a kids book and I would I'd have looked a right puppies-merchant queing up with the tots or I'd told him what a hero he was to me.

BTW first series of Rolf on Art was the most popular arts program ever broadcast...

Oh and in that survey 40% don't know who painted the Mona Lisa...

Woolly

'Well as far as I'm concerned Rolf is a fucking god'

Dont tell me youve fucked Rolf?

Oddboy

Simulate Shaky 2000?

I misread that one as stimulate

Better set your phaser to stun.

Dudley

...hence the name Shaky

Queen Firey-Bou

gary, never be afraid of queing with tots to meet your heros.

i must admit i have a tolerance for rolfy, tho i havent seen this art programme & roll my eyes when people tell how good it is, i guess it would be nice if it educated the punters about the arts & broke down elitism, but if its backfired & they all think he is monet or that bloke who painted women with 3 eyes or whatever.. well i'm sticking to making mugs, & that , dear friends is why i make mugs & not gallery paintings.

"sadly monets waterlillies didnt make it thru the night 'sniff' & everyone here at the studio wept a little tear remembering what a happy little painting it was; the good news is that munchs scream is making a fantastic recovery"

paulvonscott

Actually, if they Did a Rolf on Art on 2000AD, that would be great and worth suggestiong to the program makers.  Okay so they'll probably say no, but hey, worth a go.

Dudley

Is it possible 1 in 14 people just don't want to give correct answers to Daily Telegraph surveys?

Chris Evans (remember when he was funny?) best quote, around the time of Indecent Proposal: "A survey revealed that 89% of British women would sleep with Robert Redford for a million pounds.  So now we know.  11% of British women are liars."