Main Menu

subconscious swastika art

Started by zombemybabynow, 10 June, 2009, 11:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Does it say bad things about me that I always thought there was a subconscious swastika in this Nemesis piece?

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: "Adrian Bamforth"That's Hitler's little known laundrette. He's only got one, in Ballsbridge.

Funnily enough, I believe the Swastika Laundry used to be owned by a Jewish family. Obviously it had been established long before the Nazis were using the swastika.

On a related note, I used to live very near Ballsbridge. My address was The Rear, Love Lane, Lower Mount Street. Beat that for vague sexual innuendos.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mikey

I have a photo of a swastika mosaic on the floor of the 'House of the Tragic Poet' in Pompeii. Yer actual Nazis reversed and twisted the symbol - it's meant to be straight with the arms going from right to left from the stalks - in other words left facing. It's a Sun symbol IIRC.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "JayzusB.Christ"On a related note, I used to live very near Ballsbridge. My address was The Rear, Love Lane, Lower Mount Street. Beat that for vague sexual innuendos.

Just down the road from Le Coq Hardy hotel, I believe! I worked on Lower Mount Street, when I first moved to Dublin back in '94. Sadly, I didn't work for a company called 'Hugh Janus and Son, Chocolate Starfish Stuffers To The Queen (novelty confectionary by Royal Appointment'', or similar. Then the circle would truly be complete.

Steev