Main Menu

thoughts on a 'flat' ending

Started by zombemybabynow, 11 June, 2009, 10:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

I was thinking re. zombo:

I would have ended it with zombo merging with the shadow and the planet itself:-

mrs lawyer flys away on a ship,

looking back at the planet once in orbit and she sees the planet resembling a zombo-esque winking face?!

1. You'll probably think that's a terrible idea?

2. No disrespect is meant to either of the zombo droids

Have you thought of any alternative endings for thrills in the past?  (other than beck and kawl being killed on the second panel in?!)
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Colin YNWA

On the Zombo ending I just think it could have been done in a way that wasn't so exposition heavy. It felt rushed. The actual ending itself was pretty cool just for me the delievery lacked.

Dark Jimbo

Zombo read like it still had one more episode to go, to resolve the 'trek to safety' plot that had kept the thrill going thus far and give a more definitive resolution to the 'death count' bit.

So I'd have ended it more or less as it was, but had them arrive at the research station after Zombo tamed the shadow. Turns out its automated, so no help there, but the lady sends off a distress beacon.

Mission completed as far as he's concerned, Zombo turns on the annoying lady.

"N-No... Zombo, don't.. Y-You're a good boy, remember?"

"Sorry, missus lawyer - but I'm really not."

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!

Then he settles down with the shadow to wait for the incoming rescue shuttle, whose crew will, of course, suffer much the same fate in due course.

Goes without saying, no disrespect to the creators intended of course, who know far more than I do about such things.
@jamesfeistdraws

Minkyboy

I like that Jimbo!

But perhaps if Missus Lawyer survives on her own and becomes a 'Rambette' expert on death planets she might feature again in the future as a counterpoint to Zombo?
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "Minkyboy"But perhaps if Missus Lawyer survives on her own and becomes a 'Rambette' expert on death planets she might feature again in the future as a counterpoint to Zombo?

Well yeah, it all depends on what's planned for the sequel, of course.
@jamesfeistdraws

Lord Running Clam

I didn't think the ending was flat.

I quite liked the fact that in the end Zombo, despite his hunger, would rather have had the lawyer as someone to talk to then eat. Perhaps he's not as completely as inhuman as appears.

M.I.K.

Zombo eating the last survivor would have been way too obvious. I'm sure quite a few of us half-expected that from the start.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "Lord Running Clam"I didn't think the ending was flat.

I quite liked the fact that in the end Zombo, despite his hunger, would rather have had the lawyer as someone to talk to then eat. Perhaps he's not as completely as inhuman as appears.

Yeah, pretty much how I saw it too.

House of Usher

Not my thoughts yet (it's too early in the day!), but my reaction: I loved it.  :)
STRIKE !!!