Main Menu

Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre (Wii)

Started by The Amstor Computer, 09 May, 2008, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

TordelBack

Ach, I wouldn't spend a penny for a Wii.

ukdane

The trouble I have at the moment, is that over here, Wii is about 1½x the price it is in UK.
As are most games and accessories.

I don't know if the Wii DK is the same as Wii UK- apart from a different power adapter, will it work on a DK-tv? If it's just an adapter question, I guess I could use an adapter plug.

Some (FA)Q's I'd like answering.
Does Wii have HD?
Can I play DVDs on a Wii? (If not I guess I'll need to buy a new DVD player too, as the PS2 will have to be moved!)
If I want to play two player games, I'll need an extra controller.
What do I need the nunchuk (sp?) for?
Is it possible to buy a separate stearing wheel so two players can play Mario Kart?
Do I need the controller charger? (if not why is it sold- if so how do I recharge a controller if I don't have one?)
Will UK/US games work on a European machine? (Or are they coded for specific regions?)

Cheers

-Daney

Satanist

Does Wii have HD? - Not as far as I know

Can I play DVDs on a Wii? (If not I guess I'll need to buy a new DVD player too, as the PS2 will have to be moved!) - No it doesnt, not even CD's

If I want to play two player games, I'll need an extra controller. - Yes you will

What do I need the nunchuk (sp?) for? Its for the finer controls that the pointer cant do. Think of it as similar to a normal controller with buttons and stick, but it also has motion control too. You need it but one comes in the box. Some two player games require 2 pointers and nunchucks.

Is it possible to buy a separate stearing wheel so two players can play Mario Kart? - Yes they are about £5 here.

Do I need the controller charger? (if not why is it sold- if so how do I recharge a controller if I don't have one?) - Rechargable batteries are what I use.

Will UK/US games work on a European machine? (Or are they coded for specific regions?) - The cant be used but you do get a disc that will bypass the region protection. I expect Nintendo to fix this with a patch though.

Hope thats a help.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

WoD

Some (FA)Q's I'd like answering.
Does Wii have HD? YES 480p
Can I play DVDs on a Wii? (If not I guess I'll need to buy a new DVD player too, as the PS2 will have to be moved!)  no DVD player on Wii
If I want to play two player games, I'll need an extra controller.  YES  you will
What do I need the nunchuk (sp?) for?  different games - pretty essential actually
Is it possible to buy a separate stearing wheel so two players can play Mario Kart?  YES Argos for example - get the official one not the others available
Do I need the controller charger? (if not why is it sold- if so how do I recharge a controller if I don't have one?)  batteries work
Will UK/US games work on a European machine? (Or are they coded for specific regions?)  YES for UK (no for US) We're part of europe you know...!

Wils

We're part of europe you know...!

YOU LIE!

As far as batteries go, we're likely to get a charging station at some point in the future, but at the moment, the Kodak batteries from Poundland are doing the job just fine.

ukdane

Does the recharger come with "special" batteries then?
Cheers

-Daney

dweezil2

I simply bought a battery recharger with batteries included and that has served me well.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Floyd-the-k

hi Europeans!

Never mind the Wii, when are they going to develop 2000AD games for the Nintendo DS, so my son can play them without me having to buy another machine?

yours self-centredly,

Floyd

The Amstor Computer

Never mind the Wii, when are they going to develop 2000AD games for the Nintendo DS, so my son can play them without me having to buy another machine?

Dunno - Western developers seem pretty hands-off the machine, aside from a few gems and a bundle of licensed shovelware from the usual suspects.

I still think using the IP that Rebellion have in some smaller, more inventive, lower-budget games for the various digi download services and handhelds would be more interesting than the current approach of having one comparatively big-budget, traditional game every few years.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Keef Monkey

Fishy, I normally pop down to the pool hall on the first island in GTA when I fancy killing far too much time on the block game!

Something Fishy

Thanks Keef. I'll go seek that, I missed it when i went there (just got drunk).

Something Fishy

WOD: 480p isn't hd.  HD is a minimum of 720p.  It's SD in progressive scan.

Simp: cheers for that.