Main Menu

Selling Last American tpb - Wagner Grant & McMahon

Started by robert_ellis, 16 March, 2017, 07:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Reprints Last American 1-4
Very detailed introductions by Garth Ennis, Dave Gibbons (about sharing studio space with McMahon) & Mike McMahon himself.
Pin-up gallery by Rufus Dayglo, Ben Oliver, Leonard O'Grady, Trevor Hairsine & Neil Google.
Com. X 2004.
Starting at 99p
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262897841323

SIP

I considered selling mine too and replacing it with the new version...... but that cover is just too cool to part with! Good luck with the sale.

robert_ellis

Just been asked if there's an original McMahon sketch in book - it's part of the excellent Bonus features. There's no way I'd part with a McMahon sketch!

SIP

Absolutely, me neither. I'm extremely fortunate to have a couple of Mcmahon Dredd pages and would hate to be parted from them. His artwork is consistently fantastic.

robert_ellis

I couldn't get over the change in styles on Cursed Earth between Bolland & McMahon. It just felt like a clash of two very different artists. Last American showed me what everyone else already knew - that the artist showed a fully realised personal world, perhaps on equalled by Kevin O'Neill on the first Marshal Law series. Both manage to be funny, sad, ridiculous & fully believable.