Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Sea Monkeys ride into battle astride Sea Horses.

Also say 'sea monkeys' really fast.

Try opening a door with that...

Capt.Zeep

Sea urchins clad in picturesque rags scurry around at the feet of the sea horses, picking up fragments of sea cucumber dropped by the sea monkeys.

Monkey see, mon ki-doooooooo.....

Queen Firey-Bou

Those empoverished little sea urchins have been much better off since fish farming chemicals have nuked the sealice. The sea bed disagrees however.

Devons Daddy

fact,( real one)
there is no natural blue food. it is the only colour in mother natures kitchen which is not ediable.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

...which is why kitchen plasters are blue - so you can see when they've fallen off someone's bloody wounds into the soup.
Better set your phaser to stun.

karne

One time BBC newsreader Richard Baker cannot stand to receive bad news. He survived what he describes as his "years of hell" as a news presenter by blocking his ears with cotton wool so that he couldn't hear what he was saying.

Devons Daddy

Fact
if you are a good tax paying memeber of the british work force, when ever you are in a far off land
 go to the british embassy and demand to use the rolls royce.
you are entitled to use it as you paid for it.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Dounreay

Fact: The US invasion of Iraq is actually timed to co-incide with the release of the next Harry Potter novel, so that on the day no one in the West will pay a blind bit of attention to some shooting.

Judging by the jets blatting over my house in the pitch black, it can't be far off...

karne

Brian Blessed's booming voice is actually dubbed in by another actor. In real life he sound's like Lorraine Kelly.

judda fett

After posting on here for friggin ages I finally got my act together and sent Wake a Gif so that I may know the joy of ICON and be taken seriously by my fellow boarders. Thankyou Wake.

karne

Sir Walter Raleigh planned to introduce tobacco into England much earlier, but fell foul of Customs & Excise. Whilst waiting for someone to invent smuggling, he passed his time by inventing the "Chopper" bicycle.

Devons Daddy

fact ( another true one)
sir walter raleigh introduced the potato to england.
at its first officil cooking the palace chef. pulled up the entire plant. washed it all and made soup out of it.leaves and spuds.
the entire party was violently sick.
the chef was imprisoned for trying to poison the royal household.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

fact,
human flesh has the same texture and qualites as pigs flesh,.they even get sun burnt.this is why you do not find sun bathing by the pool when you on holiday in sunny places.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

Turnips bark if poked with a coin.

karne

When the book "Lady Chatterley's Lover" was first published it caused a huge public outcry. Apparently, the publisher accidentally printed the latter half in semaphore.