vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Teivion

Looking at the company website they use some pretty cool sculptors, people who produce work directly for Bowen Designs and Sideshow as well, so I would imagine this Dredd should be great

JOE SOAP

'American Werewolf in London' characters are the most interesting choice but I generally dislike the finish on this type of painted statue.

DKCX

:o ARSOM!
Looks great  :) but I have a feeling the price will be crazy on this  :-\
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 March, 2011, 05:31:01 PM

A lot of competition for rather expensive statues, between this and the threeA range, which seems to have a knack for the 2000AD stuff so far, the quality and tone will really be the decider and accurate old-school aesthetics may win out. Call-Me-Kennteh looks good but will Dredd, why not just show us the whole cg image and be done with it?
Sure is Joe,thought I was the only one thinking that. This and the 3A range all are stunning especially the Mongrol piece which is jaw dropping.

Steve Green

The detail looks great, although I think the shoulder pads look a bit flat and shapeless.

No intention of buying any of this stuff though :)

James Stacey

looks great but it's odd they chose to go with a Mk1 lawgiver.

Edit .. I suppose with him standing on KMK, it kinda makes sense though

SmallBlueThing

Despite not having either the funds nor the inclination to buy anything of this kind, I do kind'a like that. Suitably chunky yet not overdone, interesting take on the helmet, blah blah blah. But- are those spent shells coming out of the correct place? It just looks odd that they're ejecting from the top of the dial.

SBT

EDIT: But of all of it, that's the effect that I like the most!

TordelBack

A nice very job on the figure, but the lawgiver looks a bit Heath Robinson.  There's a little chimney instead of an upper magazine...

Happily, I'm not the target audience - I own exactly one 'statue', a nice replica of a Cycladic offertory figurine, which lives in a stout box until my spawn are old enough to pay for any damages with their own money.   

Mardroid

Quote from: James Stacey on 08 March, 2011, 11:03:48 AM
looks great but it's odd they chose to go with a Mk1 lawgiver.

Edit .. I suppose with him standing on KMK, it kinda makes sense though

You'd think they'd go with the older style helmet if that's the case though. (Not because of the gun, as I know that changed way after the helmet did, I'm referring to the robot.)

On the other hand, it is very good. A nice action piece.

COMMANDO FORCES

I think the base is way too large. Get rid of Call Me Kenneth and have him stood on that eagle badge base bit.
The angle of the Lawgiver to the angle of Dredd's head is wrong.
Why is he holding the daystick when he is in a fire and manouvre position?

I would go on but I have to go and earn some dosh to buy it  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wake

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 March, 2011, 03:05:18 PM
I think the last batch of helmets was the last batch but you never know!

There should be at least one more batch, but using slightly scratched respirator badges. Once I have completely run out of metal respirator badges that will be a definite end to that run. I don't want to sell helmets with resin badges, and making more metal ones would be too costly.

Cheers,

Wake

Dash Decent

In general I like it but there are too many niggly things that would irritate me after a while.  The eagle pad looks too thick, and the other shoulder pad looks too flat (I really like the left shoulder pad when it's shown as a big solid piece of protection).  The boots have a wrinkle in them (seen in the first spoiler pic) which is probably accurate but doesn't appeal to me.  It seems to me that the designer has decided the boot holster is part of a "sleeve" that is worn over the boot and beong fabric it's wrinkled (and stripes).  The helmet and elbow & knee pads are just a bit wrong, and the lawgiver looks too chunky in a bad way.  It's not the sleek, delicate Mk I design but it's not beefy in a realistic way either.

I also agree about the price issue, and indeed the whole thinking on the merchandise line.  I would love to buy some Dredd/2000AD bits and pieces but I don't want another statue.  I know that the revived Dr Who has a much bigger market so they can get the kind of cost benefits of big production runs that 2000AD can't, but I'm really very pleased that I can finally buy a realistic toy Dalek for my son for a reasonable price.  I suppose it also comes down to the licencees that approach Rebellion; if it's only statue makers saying "We'd like to make a Dredd figure" then there's no way we're going to get a toy Lawmaster for our old Dredd action figures.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Spaceghost

I like it. It's well within the boundaries of various artist's interpretations of Dredd over the years. The helmet and Lawgiver have a Bisley look to them, The pads and eagle all look good. The boots look cool too and Dredd's build is spot on too.

The only thing is, I'm never going to be able to justify spending this kind of money on a statue. And my wife wouldn't let me put it on the fire place anyway.

I'd like some smaller, more affordable, perhaps more practical items of merchandise. Maybe some character key rings, bottle openers or car stickers. How about some little diorama models like those you find in Japanese 'gatcha' machines for a few quid each?

Just something that costs less than a week's wages please!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

Not sure there's much hunger for this sort of thing especially with Ashley Wood taking up the 2000AD mantle and so far doing it right.