Main Menu

New monthly Dredd title announced for North America

Started by Emperor, 16 March, 2012, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldipez

Hawkmumbler

Dredd recieve's wound that should kill him but won't. Yeah, this captures the spirit of modern Dredd just fine.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 17 December, 2012, 11:51:30 AM
Dredd recieve's wound that should kill him but won't. Yeah, this captures the spirit of modern Dredd just fine.

ah that's not just modern Dredd - he got shot right throught the head at the start of Day the Law Died, but a few episodes with a bandage round it sorted him out nicely. This one? Pshaw, just a flesh wound.  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

It looks a bit high to be a mortal wound. Looks to be top of the shoulder, can't really tell as I'm using the phone. Still, it's out this Wednesday, so I'll have a good look then.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 December, 2012, 06:40:49 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 17 December, 2012, 11:51:30 AM

ah that's not just modern Dredd - he got shot right throught the head at the start of Day the Law Died, but a few episodes with a bandage round it sorted him out nicely. This one? Pshaw, just a flesh wound.  ;)
Indeed! One tend's to forget the classics in time of need. :lol:
This series isn't shaping out to badly IMHO, art quible in BU strip in #1 aside.

A.Cow

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 July, 2012, 12:22:06 PM
I don't see many people ditching Eric Gill's work.

Apologies if this is well out-of-date, but... fuck me!  I didn't know about that.  What a nasty piece of work.

Certainly puts a new angle on the BBC's choice of Gill Sans as their preferred typeface, given their current woes.

Dash Decent

Good to see the Mk I Lawgiver in the psi-flashback.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

Quote from: A.Cow on 02 January, 2013, 03:16:17 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 26 July, 2012, 12:22:06 PM
I don't see many people ditching Eric Gill's work.

Apologies if this is well out-of-date, but... fuck me!  I didn't know about that.  What a nasty piece of work.

Certainly puts a new angle on the BBC's choice of Gill Sans as their preferred typeface, given their current woes.

It is a bit strange, you'd think they'd give it a wide berth considering his history was revealed in 1989 and the rebrand was done shortly after that.

A.Cow

Quote from: Steve Green on 02 January, 2013, 09:11:20 PM
Quote from: A.Cow on 02 January, 2013, 03:16:17 AM
It is a bit strange, you'd think they'd give it a wide berth considering his history was revealed in 1989 and the rebrand was done shortly after that.

Mentioned to to a graphic design mate today and he gave the impression that Gill's typefaces are respected but the man himself is shunned as a nonce.  A bit like Wagner with the Nazi stuff.

I must admit this has put me right off Gill's stuff.  (Same happened a few years back with Arthur Mullard but, thankfully, Mullard's impact on popular culture is neligible.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: A.Cow on 02 January, 2013, 09:24:42 PM
A bit like Wagner the composer and NOT the much-loved writer of Judge Dredd with the Nazi stuff.

FTFY.

Cheers!

Jim

(I'll confess, I did a brief double-take there!)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

A.Cow

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 January, 2013, 09:28:03 PM
Quote from: A.Cow on 02 January, 2013, 09:24:42 PM
A bit like Wagner the composer and NOT the much-loved writer of Judge Dredd with the Nazi stuff.
FTFY.

Bugger!  Well fixed, that man!

Thanks, Jim.  I owe you a pint.

Lenny_Zero

America is an irradiated wasteland.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

CrazyFoxMachine

I know the Americans are doing a different take on Dredd but this is ridiculous...

...I don't think even Millar would've have him copping a squat on a load of perps.

Spikes

Any comic worth its salt, has a 'poop' cover now. Its the latest craze.