Main Menu

1735 - Rebels With a Cause

Started by I, Cosh, 21 May, 2011, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Lee Bates on 24 May, 2011, 10:06:02 AM
Quote from: Mikey on 24 May, 2011, 09:27:53 AM
Absalom - top thrill again this week. Am I right in thinking that was Chapter and Verse with the pram?
Nah, it's Demon Jenny and Solomon Ravne. She was pregnant with his EVIL SEED.
I thought it was Jenny and Verse. On account of Ravne not being black.
We never really die.

Mikey

The confusion continues!

My reasoning, flawed though it may be, was that the woman was wearing wee square glasses and a coat like Hanna wore once and the man looked like Laurence. I saw the wisdom of it being Jenny & Ravne, until The Cosh made the obvious observation. Who in the name of buggeryment is it?![spoiler]Ryan Giggs [/spoiler] and...oops!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Spaceghost

I didn't see him as black, just darker skinned. It's definitely Jenny and Ravne, I'd stake my reputation on it.

Where's Gordon with my no-prize?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

James Stacey

You sure I'm not missing something  :lol:

Mikey

Well I was sure until just recently James!

M.

Dandontdare

I'm loving Harry Absalom (though does he need to keep reminding people of his name all the time?). I'm not familiar with Tiernen Trevallion but the guy is an absolute master of gray tones. The variation in shades give the beautiful linework real depth, and it's a particular skill that I think is overlooked when people talk about full-colour vs b/w art.

Mardroid

Cover- Great! [spoiler]Nice foreshadowing with Lulu in the background there. Look at that expression! That's just asking for a smacked botty, (although I suspect she'd like that kind of thing.)[/spoiler]

Droids Life- Heh.

Dredd- I largely liked it. I actually thought Dredd was quite lenient with his sentencing there. You could argue the man was guilty of pursuading his family to commit suicide but it's not as if the baby had a choice in the matter. That could have ended up as murder.

The Red Seas- Not bad. I'd say it's my least favourite strip at the moment but this is purely a comparison with the other good stuff we've got.

Anderson - Isn't she as cute as a button?* And I'm enjoying it. That's an amusing expression in the last panel.

Absalom - More great stuff. This has become a favourite. Only thing I'm not sure of is the use of that particular kind of henchman in a strip set in the present day. I'm sure there were plenty of other nasties to pick from in this world. (That's a small issue though.) I wondered about the couple with the pram. I'll admit, I didn't pick up on the connection with Cabs, but now you mention it... If they do take that case in this world I wonder how it will translate considering the differences. [spoiler]I.e. is she possessed like in the Cabs world, or is the 'demon within' more of the genetic nature like the aristocrat hybrids? We'll see.[/spoiler]

That reminds me, there's a lot of Cabs Inc I've missed. I've read the last two runs to feature in the prog and one rather good GN. (I've forgotten the specifics but the main story involved a film studio and strange VR time related stuff. Incidentally, my forgetfulness shouldn't be taken as an indication of a dislike of the story. Merely need of a brain transplant.)

Nikolai Dante- Saw it a mile off. Kinda daft Dante didn't That being said, it was still highly enjoyable. I suspect [spoiler]she isn't actually trying to kill him though, merely incapacitate him. She could have sent lots of bugs to tear him to bits, but instead went the strangulation route...[/spoiler]

*Although I wonder about buttons being cute. I suppose they are, when you think about it, but I tend to consider them rather functional items.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mardroid on 24 May, 2011, 10:01:36 PM
Absalom - More great stuff. This has become a favourite. Only thing I'm not sure of is the use of that particular kind of henchman in a strip set in the present day. I'm sure there were plenty of other nasties to pick from in this world. (That's a small issue though.)

Eh?
@jamesfeistdraws

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 24 May, 2011, 10:10:41 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 24 May, 2011, 10:01:36 PM
Absalom - More great stuff. This has become a favourite. Only thing I'm not sure of is the use of that particular kind of henchman in a strip set in the present day. I'm sure there were plenty of other nasties to pick from in this world. (That's a small issue though.)

Eh?

[spoiler]Robots.[/spoiler]

GordonR

They're actually clockwork automata - possibly magically powered - although, quite obviously now, the story so far isn't managing to convey that.

Spaceghost

Quote from: GordonR on 25 May, 2011, 08:28:30 AM
They're actually clockwork automata - possibly magically powered - although, quite obviously now, the story so far isn't managing to convey that.

I got that, what with all the clockwork bits flying out of them when they get shot but is that Ravne and Jenny with the pram?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Tombo

I reckon thats Ravne, Verse is way taller than that.

Mikey

I had another look at me prog and I concur it's Ravne and Jenny. It's the more likely given Harry's statement too - I was being a bit daft with my suggestion I think!

M.

Kerrin

Quote from: GordonR on 25 May, 2011, 08:28:30 AM

Well if it's any consolation Gordon, that was my reading of it. Mechanical golem of some sort or other.

I'd agree that the bowler hatted prizefighter seems slightly anachronistic but then he might have been in the family for a good while. Still my favourite thing in the Prog at the moment and I'm going to get the Cab' Inc' trades to add to the collection because this reminds me of how much I loved that.

Definitely Jenny and Ravne.

Dredd, good. Dante, excellent. Anderson, very good. Red Sea's, liked it though Steve Yeowell has reached the point now where his economy of line is making some panels virtually indecipherable.

DROID LIFE. How did I nearly forget Droid Life. MAGNIFICENT. Dustbuster...hur hur hur.

Goaty

Dredd: It good one, just one of odd Judge Dredd stories, wonder when the next epic will be?

The Red Seas: Nice action, and it okay so far, but still wait for [spoiler]the return of Jim [/spoiler]

Anderson - it good one, as nice arms cut! hehe! thought it would be nice twist if (not as thanks to Nerve Centre for give out the date of this strip) that Cadet Anderson is clone of Anderson in current timeline! Like young Rico to Dredd...

Absalom: Nice one, and it great to see Demon Jenny and Solomon Ravne and Ethan Kostabi as the baby!

Nikolai Dante: [spoiler]Damn Lulu!!! hopefully next week she would says you my brother and not hurt him, or got killed by rifle? Or by Elena?[/spoiler] anyone wonder why Elena smiling??
As I says it two years ago, I still thinking that the new Tsar [spoiler]would be Viktor! Could be one of bestest Tsars???[/spoiler] Hehe!