Main Menu

Wake, Put your Clock Forward!

Started by stodge, 02 April, 2002, 06:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stodge

Nuff said really.  but all the posts are time stamped an hour behind us which is quite confusing really.....

Wake

Before I do that, when does America change to Daylight Saving Time? The web server  is in America and I use an offset for the message board, so if I change the post times now I may have to change them again in a week.

Wake

Thread Zero

American Daylight Saving Time changes this sunday. The 7th of April.
It says so on my calendar.

scojo

Mudcrab

Well, we can't have the americans getting upset can we? Haven't they been through enough? NO, have they F**K!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wake

I think you misunderstand me.

Everyone sees the same time on this website, regardless of where they are.

If I hadn't done anything about it, all the posts would be EST (or something) but I added an offset so that people in the UK see the correct time. However, if Dayling Saving and BST don't happen at the same time the site time will be out by an hour for a few weeks per year, unless I manually do something about it.

There's no point making the change now, since I'll have to change it again on the 7th and by the time we go back to GMT, I'm hoping the server will be in the UK so I won't have to use an offset at all (and hopefully the site will run a bit faster too)

Wake