Main Menu

Re: Andy Diggle's poll

Started by Wood, 17 April, 2002, 02:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood

Am I mistaken, might the last option have something to do with something that actually happened to one of the better fanzine editors not that long ago?

Art

Whats the name of a place where you might make flour, perhaps operated via wind or situated in the north of England.

Wood

LOL

Yep. The guy in the comics shop around here knows the guy this happened to. He told me (the comic shop guy) the whole story. Oh dear, oh dear.

sigu

P retty hard to believe this
a ccount. Does anyone
t ruly know who it is?

M ost creators I've met are
i nterested in fanzines and
l ike versions done out of
l ove not money. It does
s eem there are exceptions.

Sorry for the typos. Most un-Zarjaz.

paulvonscott

You need to get that keyboard sorted out... look underneath and give the slim tap a good hard thump.  If the slim tap is still playing up, take a screwdriver and insert it fully, twisting it until it squeeks.

Anyway... from my experience of fanzines, as long as it's a non profit making venture, it's usually left alone, I've seen fanzines become semi-official before after the parent companies have realised that fan input is a good thing, for everyone.  It just provokes enthusiasm, not usually a lawsuit.

IN THE NAME OF GOD, HAVEN'T THE LAWYERS GOT ENOUGH OF OUR MONEY!

sigu

Of course! I'd forgotten the sllim tap was in backwards on my keyboard. I'd taken it out to check the e-nials and put it back the wrong way. An understandable mistake as the e-nials were in the wrong order.

Once I've fixed that, everything will be Zarjaz.

damnandblast

What poll's this then? I can't see one by Andy in the list...

Nigel

Wake

I believe he's deleted it.

Wake

sigu

paulvonscott

As always, I comment without knowing any of the facts before I make an opinion.  I have to say that it was yet another on my long list of 'very bad idea's' and I regret making it.  

To my mind that's the problem with the murky and inpenetrable, it's open to considerable political manipulation.

damnandblast

I did, and it's not there. Yet another missed opportunity to gather some gossip. Damn!

Nigel