Main Menu

SPIDERMAN 3 TRAILER

Started by JOE SOAP, 28 June, 2006, 03:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Bico

Bit generic-looking trailer.  No sign of Venom, though there's a glimpse of the bit in the church from the comics where Venom was created.
Still a better trailer than most teasers, though.  At least we see some actual footage.

W. R. Logan

Depending on where the church scene happens in the movie will dictate how much of Venom we see. Maybe it'll be the hook to get people to see Spider-Man 4

JOE SOAP

We may not see venom at all but are only introduced to the characters & black goo for venom in spidey 4. The suit will only be used as a story device for Parker to experience the darker side.

This film is more about Sandman & Goblin 2

JOE SOAP

Raimi has said he hates the Venom character but is obviously setting it up for whoever makes the next film.

The Amstor Computer

Mm. IIRC:

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

... Venom only appears after Spidey ditches the alien symbiote that he had been using as a costume. The symbiote then bonds with Eddie Brock at the church Brock visits on his way to kill himself & Venom is born.

I'd be surprised if Venom didn't turn out to be the major villain in Spiderman 3, though - provided Spidey merges with the symbiote early enough, there should be time to have him work through his struggle with it and cast if off & still have it merge with Brock for the grand finale. It'd also mean that the writer(s) could keep things moving with the Sandman & Goblin as minor villains & not have to deal with finding something for Venom to do for half the movie.

Bico

The Ultimate Marvel continuity had Venom as a living bio-suit, whose purpose was to cure seriously ill people without reducing their mobility, and I'd say that's the route the movie will go down, rather than introduce aliens to the mix.  The first movie borrowed heavily from the initial Ultimate Spider-Man story arc, especially in having Ben show more character than previous incarnations of the story (even John "Genius, Actually" Byrne's retcon on Spidey didn't do anything with the character), so I don't see why they wouldn't 'borrow' the Venom origin (or parts of it) for the new movie.

Al_Ewing

Well, I saw the YouTube version and in that there were some very familiar slimy jaws, if only for a split second.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dan Kelly

There's a shot in there that looks like a reflection with a Red/Black spidey on each side... is that neccessarily a reflection though?

ThryllSeekyr

Superman is way more powerful than Spidey.

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

El Spurioso

YouTube has about 4 different versions of Spiderman 3 teasers.  Problem is they *could* all be completely fake.

In one there's a flash of a decidedly reptilian face (could be blagged from Jurassic Park?), in the one below there's highly dodgy Star-Trek style music which makes me question its validity, and so on.

Think we have to stick to the "official" one and nothing more, for now.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxBi1zQzhAg&mode=related&search=SPIDERMAN%203" target="_blank">Real?

Dudley

Remember, Batman V "used" Bane.  Oh, you don't?  Have another look.  He's there.

Steve Green

Dodgier than Star Trek, it's the John Williams Krypton theme from Superman...

I think they even used that music in the first Supes Returns Trailer.

- Steve

Radbacker

saw the official trailer on a movie show last night, definatly Sandman, Golblin and certainly a black suited Spiderman, saw some black goo sliding off spidies legs, lots of cuts of Black Suit spidy swinging.  No ones seen Venom yet only the goo and the Black Suit Spidy and I doublt we'll see him till just befor the toys are released, dont forget this isn't out till next year.
The fan made trailer that I saw used bits of Spawn and bits of Aliens to create Venom and it looked quite authentic but certainly not BlockBuster quality.

CU Radbacker