Main Menu

New ALIEN game out late 1014.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 08 January, 2014, 07:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

So long ago I tried to play this. Something about Jonesy the cat running across the screen meant the Alien was coming or something like that as I recall. Good to see it again.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

HOO-HAA

Greg M.

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 18 January, 2014, 06:44:16 PM
ALIENS looks a little more high-tech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-9wfWzBzY0

It was a bloomin' scary game, and as HOO-HAA rightly says, damn hard. A real classic though, with one peculiarity - your squad doesn't include Hudson (but it does include Burke.)

Theblazeuk

The first Alien Vs Predator games are a must-play. Pretty much exclusively for the marine campaign though it is fun to play as the alien (and even the predator has some fun moments though the AI isn't up to scratch for dealing with an invisible PC)

AVP1 is scarier I think when you play as the marine, as the engine for 1 is a little more atmospheric. It's made by a certain company you may have heard of as they are the owners of our fair ship the good Prog 2000AD. Shame they messed up AVP3 to lack even the basic gameplay of AVP1.

However AVP2 is a better game overall and has a good plotline too and still has plenty of terrifying moments with the motion scanner. And as a wonderful addition you can play an alien in every stage of its lifecycle, beginning with facehugger and moving on to chestburster and then warrior. Dead fun. Plus people come apart in such fun ways when you slash them with your claws. Dismemberment is less fun as the marine as when you blow their legs off they still come for you oh god.

Oh and AVP1 has a very fun 'Last stand' mode, the first I ever came across. Basically co-op where you fight off endless waves of respawning bugs. Lots and lots of fun if you can find a mate to play with, still fun if you solo it. If anyone is still playing AVP2 online though that's amazingly good fun, especially the mode where the alien has to facehugger people to infect them onto his team.