Main Menu

Byrne on Moore & Brits

Started by abc warrior, 10 June, 2006, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

LEGENDS OF THE LAW 8 - 10

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/mediumres/leglaw08.jpg>  http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/mediumres/leglaw09.jpg> http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/mediumres/leglaw10.jpg>

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=specials&choice=leglaw08" target="_blank">Legends Of The Law

Art

That far-right cover pretty much sums up everything wrong about 90s Dredd.

Trout

What an absolute cock-smoking git.

IIRC, Byrne was responsible for When JLA Went Shit, as well as When Doom Patrol was Unreadable and Genesis: The Worst Multi-Hero Event In DC History.

As a story-teller, he's not fit to lick Alan Moore's tangled-but-very-special beard.

Oh, and I thought Superman's mullet was great, especially as nobody noticed Clark Kent grew a ponytail at the same time.

Heh, heh, heh.

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

Mig da Silva has outshone anything that Byrne will ever say on that thread with his 'lefties want to abort me' cry for help.

Art

Dear god, Bruntys wandered into the middle of them... it's like watching a man walk unarmed into horde of ravenous zombies.

Grant Goggans

*notices spectacular explosion on the eastern horizon... yes, that's Portugal...  You're starting a battle of wits with an unarmed man, there, Brunt.

Floyd-the-k

Go Brunt go!

The thread has descended into right-wing silliness and seems to have left off misrepresenting Byrne

Funt Solo

John Byrne, on his obsidian throne, talking to his street team, yesterday:

"A first for the JBF! A use of "actually" that is correct, but still manages to be wrong contextually!"

Pedantic, condescending and unhelpful.  He could at least elaborate on what the correct use of "actually" is, thus sharing his enormous knowledge with the less fortunate.

"You do understand what terms like "core concept" mean, don't you?"

It was at this point I wondered why anyone goes to the John Byrne forum - does he pay them to be ritually abused by his egomania?

"what did I find? Naked sex scenes"

Oddly, this is a complaint.  Oh dear, patronising and a prude.  

---

In summary:  avoid the right-wing ramblings of Byrne and his street team, lest you suffer the ignomy of having a whining tart sratch at your consciousness.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Quirkafleeg

I'm so tempted to post "Mig De Silva do you nakid sex in front of pictures of Ann Coulter?" but I don't think it will help...

Floyd-the-k

besides, there are some things it's better not to know....

I noticed that pompous little post about 'actually' too. I think there's no such thing as a word that's correct but wrong contextually, but as funt said, we will never know.

Here's a competition idea; can you find the most obsequious post from one of the street team? My prize is to the guy who had a dream inspired by reading Watchmen and thinking (loyally) "JB* would really hate this"

*his fans call him JB apparently

Funt Solo

:: I'm so tempted to post "Mig De Silva do you nakid sex in front of pictures of Ann Coulter?" but I don't think it will help...

Based on the huge Rules of Conduct section, you'd just be deleted and chucked out the door if you did that.  It basically says "You must not disagree with John Byrne", which is, of course, a perfectly open and fair way to run a forum (in which the protagonist is idolised and has managed to construct a sort of ego-massaging centre for himself amidst the hustle and bustle of a balanced perception of self).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

...and it probably explains why the remaining people are a bit weird.

Quirkafleeg

>You must not disagree with John Byrne", which is, of course, a perfectly open and fair way to run a forum (in which the protagonist is idolised and has managed to construct a sort of ego-massaging centre for himself amidst the hustle and bustle of a balanced perception of self).

But that's the only way to run a smugfest!

And on the other note I think it's a misunderstanding of what the word 'contextually' actually means... which is amusing

Funt Solo

I've had this great idea for a new superhero comic:  basically, the good guy is Alan Moore, a comic writer by day and a, like, wizardy dude at night, fighting the evil forces that threaten to take over, erm, Northampton.

His arch-villain is Egomaniac (you guessed it, Byrne), who is granted special strength by sucking the will to live from people with fragile self esteem.  His uber-plan is to recreate the British Empire of old by taking over foreign territory, subjugating the locals and, y'know, pissing on people.

Anyone up for drawing this?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Floyd-the-k

why that's unfair funt. What the Rules of Conduct say is that you mustn't just post in order to 'make trouble' and that you must be a John Byrne fan.  Anything else is fine and the bloke who says that having black students gives teachers nightmares is in no danger of being kicked out