Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD: CURSED EDGE FAN FILM 2013

Started by Judge Hollingdale, 20 November, 2012, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Aye, good luck with this. Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Bat King

There are a lot of different angles to approach Dredd & stioll be true to source material. Shame the 1995 scrapped the source material but Dredd & Minty have done us proud.

Looking forward to seeing another take on it.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Bissler

I noticed on your fb page you had asked what people here thought of the new Dredd movie.  The overwhelming feeling on these boards seemed to me that everyone felt the film-makers did an excellent job and we were all very very happy with the outcome.

One of the gripes I noticed a few people raise was that there wasn't enough of the madness of Mega-City 1 captured in the film.  I personally think that may have detracted from the film, but thought it may be of interest to you to mention it!  I think I speak for most though in saying no one would like a repeat of the Fergie character in the Stallone film.

If I had to pick any character from the Dredd universe to feature, it would have to be Marlon "Chopper" Shakespeare.  He is a fan favourite (so popular that the recent Dredd film featured his distinctive "scrawl" in one of the shots) and one of the Dredd perps who feels most like a "real" character.  Plus, his character could offer something that neither of the two films to date have really attempted to do; show Dredd as the "bad guy".  Chopper is a character who is likeable and just a bit rebellious, but Dredd wants to crush him.  Biggest problem?  He's a sky-surfer which would mean expensive and extensive CG.  But before that he was a scrawler so that might be a more realistic story to tackle...  (See "Unamerican Graffitti" in Case Files Book 4 & "The Midnight Surfer" in Case Files 9)

By the way, I loved the idea of filming the case files!  Talk about a fanboy dream!

Good luck with this endeavour!

Judge Hollingdale

Thank you all for feed back!
we are big fans of judge dredd and want to do you all proud and give back to the community judge dredd content! we are working hard on the screen play at the moment and trying to figure out what story we want to tell! today myself and one other have been working on the judge dredd helmet! its looking brilliant!
I sent a message to John Wagner, and he replied saying that he wishes us good luck with the project and to keep him updated with the project!!!
if this is successful! we would love to take it further and produce web series (Case files)
all the best guys!

http://www.facebook.com/JudgeDreddCursedEdge

Judge Hollingdale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZbH8Wo995U

heres the first video blog!
please join and like us on facebook!

thank you!

COMMANDO FORCES

The Bissler

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 November, 2012, 04:18:59 PM
Get your drokkin' hair cut  ;)

You're so judgemental!   ;)

Look forward to seeing more updates, am following this project with great interest.

Judge Hollingdale

haha haircut? i had it recently cut!
i wont be playing Dredd! i will be behind the monitors and camera making the magic :)

COMMANDO FORCES

Have you any idea of how many people you will be using over the shoot at the moment. As with the Judge Minty film, all you need do is put a shout out on here and you'll get a few volunteers easy enough!

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 November, 2012, 05:28:56 PM
Have you any idea of how many people you will be using over the shoot at the moment. As with the Judge Minty film, all you need do is put a shout out on here and you'll get a few volunteers easy enough!

You're a tart, Burdis. Interesting video, and I like the way you're thinking regarding echoing the form of the eagle's head in the helmet design.

COMMANDO FORCES

I am thinking of all you who missed out on being involved in Judge Minty. Now where's that pm button ;)

Judge Hollingdale

i cant wait till we get to the stage of filming it all!
anyone who lives near are more than welcome to assist on location, be extras etc

Judge Hollingdale

Also, if anyone is good at 3d let us know! we need mega blocks designed!

Judge Hollingdale

End of the weekend, blog video #2 will be posted!