Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 05 March, 2016, 03:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Just by watching the videos I've seen of this game, I sometimes wondered if this was the game that Spore should have been.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: JamesC on 09 March, 2016, 04:08:20 PM
Personally I think Wonder Boy in Monster World is one of the greatest games ever made so I'll definitely be buying this. Fingers crossed for a physical release.

FTFY. Man, I loved that game on the Master System. More so than the third.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

I'll believe Toki is happening when I'm playing it and not before. cheers for the link though as there's a few screengrabs I haven't seen before so maybe they are still working on it.

Mate was talking about No Mans Sky last night and it sounds a lot more interesting now so will have a snoop about for some vids at the weekend. I think the problem is that they revealed it way to early and I can only sustain my hype for so long before something else grabs my interest.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Krakajac

I remember the original arcade version of 'Toki'.  A fun game.

JamesC

My mate was absolutely obsessed with Toki and brought a US Megadrive with an import copy rather than wait for the pal release. I never understood what all the fuss was about!

Satanist

The fuss was that I could finish it on one credit  :)

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 March, 2016, 10:42:55 PM
The manky one was Enterprise. But it was Booths.

The official PS blog has the skinny on the new Pang and Wonder Boy.

New Pang, April 19th
I've been swithering about getting a PS4 since the start of the year. Reckon I'll buy one at the end of the month if I can make it through the next two weekends without going crazy on champagne and oysters.

Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are the big draws but it really seems like Sony have managed to pull back all the ground they lost to XBLA on the 360. Nobody seems to mention PS4 without banging on about Rocket League.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: JamesC on 11 March, 2016, 12:49:14 PM
My mate was absolutely obsessed with Toki and brought a US Megadrive with an import copy rather than wait for the pal release. I never understood what all the fuss was about!
I've never heard of it.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 March, 2016, 01:00:47 PM
I've never heard of it.

Arguably the greatest Amiga game ever.
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 11 March, 2016, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 11 March, 2016, 01:00:47 PM
I've never heard of it.
Arguably the greatest Amiga game ever.
Better than Xenon II, Shadow of the Beast, Alien Breed and James Pond 2: Robocod?! Blimey. Will need to keep an eye out for it.
We never really die.

Satanist

Haha - secret retro gaming thread.

Amiga was all about Speedball 2 and Supercars 2.

Yeah Ps4 is really coming into its own, next week I cannae wait for Day of the Tentacle remake.

and I will state in writing that Bloodborne is one of my top 10 games ever.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Actually,

Amiga was Kick Off 2 and Player Manager

I meant to say Toki was the best arcade conversion on the AMiga
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Toki was amazing! That is all.