Main Menu

Star Wars Episode IX

Started by JOE SOAP, 10 July, 2018, 01:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Isn't Kylo Ren technically speaking a Skywalker since he's Leia's son and Luke's nephew?  I thought the Last Jedi had a tough task with effectively destroying the Star Wars old guard while consolidating the new ones and understandably a lot of people didn't like that idea. I've read in some Media outlets that the makers of  TLJ junked JJ Abrams original script which may have led to some disconnect between the two films. Let's hope they're back on track for the final instalment it seems the dreaded Emporer Palpatine survived his apparent demise in ST: ROTJ or his ghostly spirit has. 'Sith happens' so I've heard.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

broodblik

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 April, 2019, 07:57:48 AM
Ignoring everything else, that's a terrible title.

Yes the title sounds like a rehash of previous titles.

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 13 April, 2019, 10:03:31 AM
Isn't Kylo Ren technically speaking a Skywalker since he's Leia's son and Luke's nephew? 

Yes Kylo Ren is in a matter of speaking a Skywalker. So he might succumb to the light-side of the force and the Skywalker name can rise again or something like that
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

Quote from: Greg M. on 12 April, 2019, 10:33:06 PM
I finally saw Solo recently and thought that, despite its flaws, it was easily the best SW film since RotJ.)

Aye, now that it has finally made it to Sky I give it a shot.  It's actually not all that bad, is it.  Not perfect but passable enough.

One thing that does confuse me though about the trailer, it looks like a crashed Death Star in the ocean at one point.  Yet in New Hope and ROTJ both Death Stars were completely vaporised.  Or am I just being really pedantic and need to remember that it is just a film?

Professor Bear

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 April, 2019, 07:57:48 AM
Ignoring everything else, that's a terrible title.

JJA strikes again.  Clearly the aim was something that evoked Return Of or Revenge Of so as predicted they're already rolling back from that whole "a clean break with the past" theme that ran through TLJ.

auxlen

Listen...I'm a fool but I cannot  ( in all conscience) pay money to watch this after the travesty and (IMHO)_ utter disater that was the TLJ ...if y0ou liked it rfair enough ( I liked  thq
H
U

Definitely Not Mister Pops

A friend acquaintance insisted I had to watch this teaser trailer.

Which I thought was odd.

So I looked it up on youtube.

The second result (the first result being the actual thing) claimed to reveal 67 easter eggs hidden in this 2 minute montage of finished footage.

Which I thought was peculiar.

Didn't bother in the end, I think Star Wars has become something just for degenerates, deviants and communists.
You may quote me on that.

Professor Bear

Fuck your shitty toy robots film about space Marxists, Clone Wars season 7 is coming out.

JOE SOAP

Werner Herzog just told me the Star Wars galaxy is now fucked.

One subscription for Disney+, please.

Pete Wells

I'm not quite sure what's the most tedious, toxic fandom or toxic non-fandom?

Keef Monkey

Trailer got me very buzzed, in a way that the trailers for the last bunch didn't. I've loved the films, but for some reason the trailers just didn't spark the excitement until this one! Wasn't quite prepared for how happy I'd be to see Lando (let out a little gasp) and to see Leia again (let out a larger gasp).

Should be fantastic, they haven't really put a foot wrong for me yet with these episodes (although Rogue One is still my favourite of the Disney crop).

The Jedi Fallen Order game trailer that also released at the weekend was great too, so hyped for that as well!

sheridan

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 15 April, 2019, 11:09:58 AM
Trailer got me very buzzed, in a way that the trailers for the last bunch didn't. I've loved the films, but for some reason the trailers just didn't spark the excitement until this one! Wasn't quite prepared for how happy I'd be to see Lando (let out a little gasp) and to see Leia again (let out a larger gasp).

Should be fantastic, they haven't really put a foot wrong for me yet with these episodes (although Rogue One is still my favourite of the Disney crop).

The Jedi Fallen Order game trailer that also released at the weekend was great too, so hyped for that as well!

Also a trailer for The Mandalorian was shown (the trailer is not on general release, sadly, so only those at Celebration got to see it).  There have been more pictures from the series released though.  Plus we now know when it'll be set - some time between VI and VII.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 15 April, 2019, 11:25:13 AM
Also a trailer for The Mandalorian was shown (the trailer is not on general release, sadly, so only those at Celebration got to see it).

There's a ShakyCam™ phone recording of it floating around — it's mostly behind-the-scenes stuff and concept art but it looks mighty fine already. You might find the phone recording here if Lucasfilm/Disney hasn't had it taken down yet...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

wedgeski

Ep 9 trailer got me seriously hyped, especially the last few seconds. Yup, I'm on-board.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 April, 2019, 11:44:06 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 15 April, 2019, 11:25:13 AM
Also a trailer for The Mandalorian was shown (the trailer is not on general release, sadly, so only those at Celebration got to see it).

There's a ShakyCam™ phone recording of it floating around — it's mostly behind-the-scenes stuff and concept art but it looks mighty fine already. You might find the phone recording here if Lucasfilm/Disney hasn't had it taken down yet...!

Looks cool!

Tiplodocus

I think they don't know what Easter Egg means. But they know exactly what clickbait means.

I liked the trailer - looks fun. Even though it had no Porgs.

But I am still lucky enough to be able to just watch and enjoy Star Wars without worrying too much.

About the only thing I can't summon enthusiasm for, despite the charismatic Pedro being on-board, is The Mandalorian. Bounty hunters and crime bosses was not an element of SW I cared for. Boba Fett is over-rated.

But I couldn't summon enthusiasm for SOLO but I right enjoyed that.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!