Main Menu

New Mad Max Game

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 01 September, 2015, 04:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

TordelBack

Pass the mind bleach, matron!

TS, your candor is... refreshing, and I've certainly learnt new... things, but for the love of Crom don't give up managing your diabetes - my paternal grandfather and my uncle both died from complications of unmanaged diabetes before they were 60 and my father very nearly did.  As a result I never knew my grandfather, I miss my favourite uncle very much, and my Dad had to have a quadruple heart bypass in his 50s. A diagnosis of (I'm assuming) Type 2 diabetes  is NOT a mistake or a conspiracy, it's straightforward as anything. Managed, it's no biggie, unmanaged it's a passport to debility and death. Get it sorted, please mate.

JamesC

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 October, 2015, 09:23:53 PM
See?

Just because TS doesn't react to the nasty comments, it doesn't mean they're justified.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JamesC on 29 October, 2015, 07:50:29 AM
Just because TS doesn't react to the nasty comments, it doesn't mean they're justified.

But it's fine to laugh at him, right?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

I'd say it's fine to laugh with him, not at him.
I think TS takes a certain amount of humour from his adventures and I'd say that a safe helpful environment in which people can laugh with him but also give some useful advice is probably the best way to play it.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JamesC on 29 October, 2015, 10:41:54 AM

You keep telling yourself that.

JamesC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 October, 2015, 10:50:14 AM
Quote from: JamesC on 29 October, 2015, 10:41:54 AM

You keep telling yourself that.

I'm not setting myself up as some paragon of virtue, I just think it's best not to be nasty!

I don't have much in the way of experience dealing with mental health issues and will freely admit that. My feelings towards TS are that I don't want to ignore him and that if he thinks something is funny, it may be best to acknowledge the humour but to also point out that there may be something serious that should be acknowledged too (as Tordelback does).

Apart from any of that I don't think I've laughed at him anyway so I'm not sure why I'm being confronted over the basic message of 'don't be nasty to TS'.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 October, 2015, 08:07:56 AM
Quote from: JamesC on 29 October, 2015, 07:50:29 AM

But it's fine to laugh at him, right?

Laugh it up fuzzballs As somebody famous might say and surely your not getting the progs if that's the only thing that does it for you!

Yet I guess I should have kept that information to myself. Yet I did keep it bottled up for years. Only the doctor, my brother & some pharmesists knew the whole time.

Only saving face here or what I can of it......

Anyway, the video has been fixed, if you watched the latest one I've linked, you will find it much more boring  than the first. Even though I ruined it because of the background television noise.

The other problem (First time I found this, since I got mine and I might actually study this !)  requires more time if these things would actually work....

These could be included for free with the monthly magazine. Think about it Tharg and even if it doesn't apply to you or your partner. It's good to be prepared

Also support against peer-pressure to get circumcised when ever you feel that pressure from your own foreskin

Goaty

Tooooo muchhhh information alert?!!  :o :o

ThryllSeekyr

Yeah, well, we could do without the laughing commentary as well

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Dammit, but my curiosity has been piqued.

What are those ring things called, and how do they work?
You may quote me on that.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Goaty on 29 October, 2015, 11:34:06 PM
Tooooo muchhhh information alert?!!  :o :o

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU.

We'd not be here now if on seeing that video your eye didn't catch on one particular webpage and you felt the need to mention it.

Look how far we've come. LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE DESCENDED SINCE THOSE SIMPLE SWEET DAYS.

In future it may be wise not to say anything. I wish I hadn't.

flintlockjaw

Just peeked in at the 2000ad Forum and was disgusted to read a forum moderator and 2000ad creator making 'fun' of a mentally ill forum member. Absolutely disgraceful that the powers that be at Rebellion let this go on. If you don't know who I'm talking about...this pic is a guide. Dim Dumbbell doesn't exactly clothe himself in glory either. The Twatfecta out in force...beating down the unfortunate ...one mentally ill person at a time! I expect to be banned for this...but I don't give a fuck! Something needs to be done about these arseholes! Are you reading/listening Rebellion!!!#hypocrites

Jim_Campbell

Stay classy, 'Flint'. I particularly enjoy your ability to make amusing nick-names to the level of a five-year old.

Jim_Campbell

To follow up on a more serious note:

I have TS on ignore, mainly due to my inability to decide what approach to his presence here would be in TS's best interests. I'm not convinced that providing some measure of validation for TS's behaviour by 'laughing with him' is in any way a more constructive method of engagement than challenging him on that behaviour. I'm genuinely not qualified to make that call so (and perhaps this is moral cowardice, I don't know) I choose not to engage at all.

However, 'Flint' can spare me his moral outrage which seems to only prompt him to post on this forum when it enables him to perpetuate his childish little feuds, feuds which seem to be his only real reason for engaging with 2000AD fandom at all these days.