Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Quote from: blackmocco on 26 June, 2014, 04:47:13 PM
When Max turns off the engine's booster, the dog gets bored and goes to lie down.

Interesting I always read that as: the dog knows without the booster the baddies will catch up so goes to a safer covered area of the car for the ensuing battle that sure to follow.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

James Stacey

You can but it's not the default option. Caught me out too.

Recrewt

Quote from: Link Prime on 26 June, 2014, 05:28:14 PM
Don't get me wrong Recrewt- I love the 1st movie too.
The sequel's got that grimey post-apocalyptic feel just right though- it's my (and most others I'm sure) favorite of the three.

Actually, I don't think it's explicitly revealed that the original movie was set in a 'post-apocalyptic' world, more one on the verge of upheaval.

End to the 1st one is great- especially if you're a fan of Saw.

I agree that #2 is the best of the three.  It's clear that they didn't really have the budget to fully achieve what they wanted with the first one.   

Quote from: blackmocco on 26 June, 2014, 06:25:20 PM
Even George Miller says there's no arc that ties the three (now four) movies together. He just wanted to tell stories that featured the same character without worrying about how they fit together, as if they're fables.

There is no major arc like there is in Star Wars but it seems to me that there is a clear character arc for Max through these movies.

But that's not the only thing - I have seen George mention that the original inspiration was some fuel shortages and how people behaved.  He took this to the extreme and this is something that runs right through the trilogy with fuel starting to become more scarce in #1, fuel being scarce and something they fight for in #2 and oil/petrol apparantly running out in #3 and the alternative fuel of Bartertown.

blackmocco

Quote from: Krakajac on 27 June, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Can anyone answer this question - do the actors in MM Fury Road speak with Aussie accents?  I'll be very disappointed if they don't!  :)

According to the reviews from people who saw the rough cut screening a few weeks ago, probably not. I agree though. Going to be weird without the accents...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 27 June, 2014, 10:52:06 PM
Quote from: Krakajac on 27 June, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Can anyone answer this question - do the actors in MM Fury Road speak with Aussie accents?  I'll be very disappointed if they don't!  :)

According to the reviews from people who saw the rough cut screening a few weeks ago, probably not. I agree though. Going to be weird without the accents...

I was hoping they don't speak at all.

GrinningChimera

Good to see some aussie muscle shown in the pics there

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: radiator on 26 June, 2014, 04:31:17 PM
Confession: I've never seen any of the Mad Max films.
REMEDY THIS IMMEDIATELY GOOD SIR!!!!

Proteus4

The muppets should definitely do a Mad Max:Furry Road. Kermit goes apeshit in revenge for miss piggies murder. I'd pay good money to see that
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

ming

Thanks to blackmocco for the heads-up on this...  First official poster.

Goaty

Sexy.

I like it.

But "What A Lovely Day" very unusual tagline for Mad Max!

GrinningChimera

I have high hopes for this film seeing the XB Falcon on the poster! Forget the Batmobile, I would take the Falcon any day of the week. The only mode of transport for a post apocalyptic world!

Krakajac

Has there been any confirmation that the story is actually set in post-apocalyptic Australia?  I can't remember reading any promotional stuff that suggests that it is.  So no Aussie accents, and possibly not even based in Oz?  I'll be pretty disappointed if Miller has gone down that path.  Happy to be proven wrong though!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Krakajac on 25 July, 2014, 06:00:05 AM
Has there been any confirmation that the story is actually set in post-apocalyptic Australia?  I can't remember reading any promotional stuff that suggests that it is.  So no Aussie accents, and possibly not even based in Oz?  I'll be pretty disappointed if Miller has gone down that path.  Happy to be proven wrong though!

I believe it's non-specific as to location- as in it could be anywhere.

Not that I believe it matters considering how generic this version of a post-culture/post-apocalypse future is and it is't a sequel to the 3 OZ-based films. Part of George Miller getting so much money to make the film -$150 million or so- probably had a lot to do with it playing well to a general contemporary Yank audience. Think of the mixed casting in Thunderdome.

Fury Road was shot in Namibia so it could have a few South African accents in the background -Charlize Theron is South African- along with the non-descript savage grunts- what accent did Lord Humongous have in The Road Warrior ?

Either way, I doubt dialogue will feature much.

James Stacey

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 25 July, 2014, 09:12:18 AM
Not that I believe it matters considering how generic this version of a post-culture/post-apocalypse future is and it is't a sequel to the 3 OZ-based films.
I thought Miller stated it between MM1 and 2, although continuity in the films is fairly loose anyway.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 25 July, 2014, 09:12:18 AMwhat accent did Lord Humongous have in The Road Warrior ?

Back then, Australia only had ten actors (I think it's since risen to sixteen) so it's hardly surprising Miller roped in anyone who just happened to be around -- be it a spray-painted cattle dog or some jobbing Swede.

Wasn't the Humungus originally going to be a revived Jim Goose?
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.