Main Menu

The Trailer Thread

Started by radiator, 16 November, 2011, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Angelino

The problem is you usually can tell when it is CGI. You certainly can if the car does something ridiculous. I would just love to watch a car film with todays production values where they do everything for real. 

I watched a good 70's film recently called the Seven-Ups with Roy Scheider. There is a great car chase in that and its from the same team as did the French Connection.

Best car stunt ever to me was the barrel roll in The Man with the Golden Gun (sadly almost ruined by the sound effect which John Barry has apologised for).

Hawkmumbler

The Seven Ups is a phenomenal cop flick, easily the equal to it's older brother, The French Connection.

The car chase is a thing of beauty.

Steve Green

Release date has been moved forward to June - not sure if that is US only though.

Goaty

New trailer for IT remake, it does looks like that Nightmare on the ELM Street remake!

https://youtu.be/FnCdOQsX5kc

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Goaty on 29 March, 2017, 05:35:49 PM
New trailer for IT remake, it does looks like that Nightmare on the ELM Street remake!

https://youtu.be/FnCdOQsX5kc

Wow, so underwhelmed with this.

JOE SOAP

The trailer died the moment they played Pennywise as a jump scare in the sewer.

But Valerian certainly looks the part – hopefully it won't be a repeat of The Fifth Element.

Steve Green

I'm left cold by the Valerian trailer - and still quite like the Fifth Element.

radiator

It looks surprisingly decent to me, and has some positive buzz around it. You can't really blame them for playing up the horror/jump scare elements in the trailer. I believe it will be subtitled 'Part One: The Loser's Club' when released.

Really not convinced about Valerian - the visuals look nice, but it's as if they went out of their way to cast the two least suited, least appealing lead actors going. Dehaan is fine as a creepy stalker type, but as a blockbuster action lead? Really?

Bolt-01

My two youngest know very little of King (something I'm working on) but they are both really looking forward to this. I've watched enough King adaptions to know to keep my expectations low.

And considering the Dark tower film is out reasonably soon- no trailer to speak of...

Hawkmumbler

I'm surprised to see a degree of animosity for The Fifth Element. I couldn't imagine a world of sci-fi cinema where it didn't exist to cater to all my mad demands. A brilliant movie, and here's hoping Valerian does the comics justice.

Jim_Campbell

The Fifth Element is great. Anyone who says it's not smells of wee. Fact.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CalHab

The Fifth Element is good fun and one of the better science-fiction films of the 90s.

I like the look of Valerian as well. It looks akin to Guardians of the Galaxy, which is still the high-point of the Marvel films.

Rately

Quite like the look of the IT trailer.

Love the novel, am fond of the mini-series adaptation and looking forward to seeing what they do with the Losers Club in a big budget movie. The trailer shows that they've definitely seen the mini-series, and Pennywise is suitably unsettling, as is the house on Neidholt Street. I'm particularly looking forward to what they will do with the childrens individual fears, and how they'll update on the forms Pennywise assumed in the novel.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with the origin of Pennywise, and whether or not they build in referneces to The Dark Tower, and other King novels / movies.

TordelBack

Valerian looks like John Carter crossed with Fifth Element and Knights of the Old Republic. That's 3 out of 3 for me. And the bizarre casting of the leads has some definite kooky promise.

Tony Angelino

I've only watched The Fifth Element once and that was in the cinema on its release. I remember really enjoying it all apart from one character who to me seemed to be from a totally different film and not a film I would want to watch. No prizes for guessing the character/actor.