Main Menu

UNDT Round 3, Heat 14: Halo Jones Vs Kano

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 September, 2020, 06:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 03 September, 2020, 11:26:35 AM
Halo

Feck, I'd forgotten about that one.  Improbably enough, she used to drink in my local small-town, midlands-Ireland pub - Wendy James, that is, not Halo. She used to ride horses nearby.  Sadly, I was too young at the time to go in and meet her, but my slightly-older mate with barfly parents played pool with her and still has an old fiver with her signature on it.  Bastard.

I still can't forgive that other band, Halo James, though.  They acknowledged that they'd got their name from our Halo, but described 'him' as some 'guy' who 'blows aliens away'.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 September, 2020, 10:48:18 AM
Halo

Feck, I'd forgotten about that one.  Improbably enough, she used to drink in my local small-town, midlands-Ireland pub - Wendy James, that is, not Halo. She used to ride horses nearby.  Sadly, I was too young at the time to go in and meet her, but my slightly-older mate with barfly parents played pool with her and still has an old fiver with her signature on it.  Bastard.

I only found out recently (this year) that Wendy James had never read 2000AD - the song was written by (I think) the guitarist.  Unfortunately I can't find any details online on who wrote which songs.  Shall have to dig through my (physical) music collection some time.

I still can't forgive that other band, Halo James, though.  They acknowledged that they'd got their name from our Halo, but described 'him' as some 'guy' who 'blows aliens away'.

Wonder what the story of their being named after Halo was when they obviously didn't have the first clue about the story?

Colin YNWA

I genuninely don't know how this one will be going. I just assumed that Halo would romp it but it seems from a eye scan very, very close. So if you want to swing this one get your vote in asap as I'm counting this one up in the morning.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 04 September, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 September, 2020, 10:48:18 AM
Halo

I only found out recently (this year) that Wendy James had never read 2000AD - the song was written by (I think) the guitarist.  Unfortunately I can't find any details online on who wrote which songs.  Shall have to dig through my (physical) music collection some time.

Ah, ok.  That's a pity - like every other hetero male teenager of the time, I fancied her something rotten.  She doesn't look too shabby these days either.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Halo

(and we all know someone with a good Wendy James anecdote...  )

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - But keeps the comments going out.

Well my main concern here was not having a tie so I'd have to make the call. As damnit these are two fantastic characters. Would I have gone for the in your face, brutal complexity or the subtly quiet complexity? Well luckly I don't have to make a call as while Kano go his due credit I think I'm glad to say

Halo Jones

Goes out to Round 4