Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o1s1n

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 26 October, 2012, 05:27:16 PM
Unfortunately, that does seem to be the name of the game these days - I've done it myself. I wasn't having a pop at you, just sulking because I didn't get to have a go for it! Looking forward to seeing what you've got (and if you decide to sell...  ;))

Ah no worries at all! To be honest, it's not something I'd usually do, as I rather snipe auctions rather than run the risk of overpaying for something with an offer - but just had to go for it in this case given what it was. The fact that it turned out to be three completely took me by surprise.

Quote from: opaque on 26 October, 2012, 05:30:44 PM
They might have been able to get twice the amount you paid if they'd have left it up. Especially considering who it was by.

On the flip side, it may have sold for considerably less than what I offered. It was 24 pounds with two days to go. Could have spiked at the end, then who knows, it may not have either.

In a way by not letting it be bought you're causing problems as we don't know what a fair amount actually is! ;)
And of course you're not going to tell us and I wouldn't expect you to.

THIS, is my biggest concern. I've now purchased four pages of his original published art, missed out on another, and haven't a bloody clue how much any of them are truely worth!!

The only piece I won via standard bidding was a Torquemada sketch he did in the 80s - it's nice, but from what I remember still sold for under 30 pounds.

It's happening far too often really. It's 'fair', but it's still rather annoying. But at least you will be sharing the details with us. See how much tippex you see on the pages! You do wonder how many collectors there are out there with great pieces that would never come on the boards and so never gets seen.

I've already got a page from the Two Torquemadas so not as desperate as you were (and I get that desperation in regards to other pieces) but I would have liked to see what this went for in the free market.

That's one thing I really love about his artwork (and why you really need to see the originals to fully appreciate it), he redid things and pasted over a hell of a lot. Then the tip ex itself becomes an effect - it's mental trying to work out if something is a coverup or if that's just his process for creating such an effect on the printout!

Here's the existing page I've had for a couple of years. It's out of that frame now, so I'll get a proper picture once the others arrive and stick them all up in the original art thread :)

Spikes

hippynumber1

Meh! I do really like Henry Flint's work but that page doesn't do anything for me...

COMMANDO FORCES

It's nice but it doesn't show anything worth spending lots of Galactic Groats on.

Andy_Lee

Spikes

Wonder if anyones mentioned to the seller that its a fake? Or is it all a clever ruse by Ming, so that no-one else bids?  ;)

@ Commando Forces and Hippynumber1,

Im quite liking that Flint Dredd page, nice likeness of Ma Ma - and as its based on the film designs etc, a bit of a Dredd rarity. But i shant be bidding on it myself. Of course, if it featured Dredd as well, it would have been a no-brainer. I imagine itll not go for a huge amount. We shall see, i guess.

hippynumber1

Agreed; if Dredd was on there, we'd be squabbling over it by now!  :lol:

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 October, 2012, 02:07:22 PM
Wonder if anyones mentioned to the seller that its a fake? Or is it all a clever ruse by Ming, so that no-one else bids?  ;)

I mentioned it to the seller... He's trying to sort it out with Brendan now.  It seems certain that this isn't by Brendan (unless you doubt Brendan over this, and I have no reason to) and that Bleeding Cool article isn't really going to help the sale, is it?

Clever ruse, me?  Nah. :lol:

Fatboydale

Spikes

Quote from: Fatboydale on 30 October, 2012, 10:27:27 PM
This could have been great , but Dredd does look like he's having a sniff of Batman's balls....

Ah, Dredd's gayness - the signs were there,  ;)

Trout

Also, apparently they are both aliens. No human is shaped like that.

Mardroid

That pencil shading is excellent though.

Spikes

Got Prog 2 but havent got the Biotronic stickers ?

It is interesting to see all these popping up of late.
Does make you wonder just  how many were unused and survived, from the original print run.

Dandontdare

be ineteresting to see how much they go for without the prog.